Divided - Kenny B and Bruno

Started by bruno, March 24, 2014, 02:22:05 PM

bruno

Track 41 - Divided
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Kenny messaged me quite a while ago  :-[ for me to collaborate on this track. The style reminded me a little of Dave Gilmour, so decided to add that guitar feel. Also took the opportunity to put the Micro Synth through its paces - so all the etherial bits and bobs are guitar. I should add Kenny did the drums, the acoustic (?) guitar and bass, I did the lead and squelchy noises - all on the same guitar!

Kenny - I hope you like! I'm very happy with this.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

I had to pull out the good headphones for this one......and it doesn't disappoint.  Fantastic listen.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Fantastic is right, what a listen. Great track, mood, feel, playing and overall awesomeness!
You both Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

Oh so good to see you back posting again Mr B - this seems to fits together really well. Great collab you two :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

yeah baby, a collab made in heaven, brawtastic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tangled Wires

I like it, lots of layers to this that all blend together for pure listening pleasure.

Love the little acoustic riff which is infectious,catchy and very Oldfield like, and the lead work washes over this perfectly and is very smooth and restrained.

Not one usually for instrumental stuff, but this keeps your attention throughout...nice collab guys.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

I'm loving this!! Altough here's a lots of layers it doesnt sound messy at all! Stunning solo guitars, Bruno! Kenny has done great job on the composition. I'm on the second listening, now...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Really cool stuff guys !! Excellent backer Kenny and those additions are gold Bruno ! What guitar did you use? I does sound a bit Gilmourish !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Thanks for all the kind comments.

Geir - that's my Squire Strat (JV strat, so made in Japan, the original Squire from 1982), through a slightly modified 'Brick in the Wall' patch on the BR1600.

The 'synths' (3 tracks) was the same guitar through the electro harmonix micro synth - fab pedal, and first time out! Through a clean amp patch on the BR1600.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Kenny B

OHH YEAH!!! This is just what I was hoping for Bruno ... Really dig your playing
and what you've done with this ... the leads and guitar synth parts are excellent
and a fantastic combination ... Thanks for taking this on ... I DIG IT!!!

Quote from: bruno on March 24, 2014, 02:22:05 PMI should add Kenny did the drums, the acoustic (?) guitar and bass

Actually ... this my G&L ASAT ... the only electric 6 string I own and the only
guitar I've used on all my Songcrafters tunes so far ...

I recorded the three guitar riffs/parts separately then arranged them with
the drums and added the bass.  I've been listening to Bruno's playing for
quite a while now and this just seemed like the right track for a collab
featuring his excellent skills ... so I introduced myself and hoped he would
like it and take it to another level ... and he did!  :D :D :D

recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR