Main Menu

oh Zivile

Started by stuart3645, March 21, 2014, 05:55:28 PM

stuart3645

oh zivile
Time:
0:00
Volume:
i wrote this for a girl in work she`s lithuanian and i thought she had a cool name..

Redler

This is like fresh air! Liked the laid back melody, it's very catchy! Nice job on vocals! Well done stuart!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Oh this is gorgeous.

I love how the vocal and lead guitar are "at the same party" - so often they sound like the singer and the guitarist have a different internal "vision" of what the song is trying to say. But here, for me anyway, they're two voices complementing each other.

I've got one suggestion - think about trying to make the chorus stand out more. I dunno... some of the tricks I try are: a) backing vocals (not sure that's appropriate here, though), b) changing the drum part a bit for the chorus, c) having instruments/parts that only appear in the chorus (or disappear for the chorus)...

... 2nd and 3rd listen - sounds like you're actually doing b and c

OK, d), last trick I can think of - during mixing/mastering, I mess with the over-all volume level quite a bit. Not big volume changes so the listener spots them, subtle changes, but I use a lot of them throughout a mix. And it's usually "up" a spot for the chorus, then immediately back "down" after it. I've just used this myself on a track where the whole thing seemed to roll along without any peaks and troughs - I even turned the master down when the "rocking" instrumental started after a chorus, which at first seemed a little contrary to what I was trying to achieve! (But I boosted the lead itself in the mix so that I could do it - think I might have boosted it too much actually...)

Hope it's ok making a suggestion like this - that chorus is fab and could take a little more of the "spotlight" so that the listener goes away with it stuck in his/her head :)

Fine song and performance, love it.

(Oh, nearly forgot - I hope she likes it!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hilary

Oh very lovely Stuart - I hope she likes it too  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Bluesberry

Oh man do I like this, I love the slight melancholy feel to the vocals and slide guitar compliments that feeling so well.  My wife is snapping her fingers along, thats a double Gold from here.  Totally fantastic song.  I am with Andy, if you can find a way to make that chorus stand out just a bit more this would be even more perfect than it is.  Sometimes you hear a chorus like this with added organ behind it to lift up, thats one trick I like to do on occasion (I get my keyboards sounds from my iPad lately, lots of great pro sounding Apps that are very easy to play and record).

My wife thought I was listening to the radio, she was quite impressed with this song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

This is a very amazing song. Great feel all around. Yes the drums would upbeat the chorus stronger but i wouldn`t add much more to this piece, but then again there are no rules to music as there are no rules to life for me.

She does have a cool name. She should be jumping your bones for this song  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

stuart3645

thanks for all the great comments guys, much appreciated..

Nice one Stuart, ticks all the boxes for me. Great listen and how would she not be impressed with this gem.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Love it. Has a really classic feel, and the vocal delivery is perfect. Great mixing on the guitars too - I like the dreamy, floaty layer that underpins the percussive acoustic part. I'd have harmonised the shit out of the chorus, but that's just me. It's a brilliant song. Nice one.