The transport museum NOW WITH VIDEO by Kenny mac

Started by kenny mac, March 16, 2014, 03:06:15 PM

kenny mac

transport museum
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song I wrote after visiting the transport museum in Glasgow.
I hadn't been since it changed location and it really knocked me out as it
brought back many memories from a young man to a Glaswegian dinosaur lol.
video to follow soon ;D

Flash Harry

There's been some left field subjects for songs on here, this has to be pretty far out, but a great song, I love the movement, it's got a great pace and I want to go and see the museum by the Clyde.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tangled Wires

Love the restrained nature of this song Kenny, it all flows along beautifully and love the "come on" harmonies which provide a real strong hook to the song.

The laid back pace of the song marries up perfectly with the wistful lyrics.

Haven't been on the site for some time now and got some catching up to so, but am now stuck listening to this for the third time...thanks for that! ;) ;)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

HI Kenny I really enjoyed this song. meaningful lyrics.
and wonderful singing . good harmonies. music is
well fitted also . u r a good song write.r keep sharing
wish u the best NEIL.!

Bluesberry

Really cool song, such a great feel, glam-ed up power pop, very excellent.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

Here is a video I put together for the song.
It was filmed as I walked through the place soaking in the nostalga and history like a sponge.
What you see is what inspired me to write this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hde95h-N-U

Groundy

Brilliant Kenny, Well written, and recorded, so professional, well done.......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

magic kenny. great video, did you get the place to yourself, anytime ive been  it's been crowded. ;D ;D ;D

the cars going up the wall look like dinky models in the video, but they are all original cars. only models inside the museum are of ships.

you need to do the same for the kelvingrove art gallery and the GoMA next.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Cheers jim,I remember saying a while back I was going to write a song about the transport museum after you wrote the song about the peoples palace so I decided to go and check the place out for inspiration and was pleasantly shocked.
It was early in the morning but quickly filled up but I'm aware when I'm filming videos etc not to if I can get anyone in the shots if possible ( a privacy thing for them) as it's going on you tube etc.
Your right the cars do look like models in the video but are actual full blown original cars.
My 1st car was a Chrysler sunbeam giving to me by my dad so seeing one of those was a bit nostalgic but the most awe inspired moment was walking down that Main Street ,it was like walking through a porthole into the past and the subway brought it all back.
I will be going back again for sure .

Redler

This is brilliant, Kenny! Catchy song with cool rhythm! As always, well done!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR