Voodoo Sharks, Tom Robinson & BBC6

Started by SharksDontSleep, March 16, 2014, 03:00:12 PM

SharksDontSleep

Vodoo Sharks - the price of meat
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Radio (banner image missing)

I know it's blowing our own trumpet, but I just couldn't let it go without telling someone.
Last night Voodoo Sharks appeared on Tom Robinson's BBC6 show.

There's a copy of the show here:
http://t.co/dVNHLnp4mS
for the next 30 days.

We appear at about 1hr 13 mins, after which Tom says some very kind things about the recording.

Don't mind telling you how happy I am ... I haven't stopped smiling all day ... Even when a bird with an arse the size of an elephants, left a calling card on my freshly washed car  :D

Flash Harry

Fantastic! Congratulations, it's great when I hear about peoples successes. It really cheers me up.

I'm going to have a listen right now.

BTW you should dump the bird. That's just not nice, I'm sure you can find a better one now you're a Rock Star!!!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

henwrench

Hey, seriously well fucking cool....feel's good, don't it? Well deserved....now go get 'em, tiger. Er...Shark....I meant shark.... :D ;)

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Hey bask in the glory, you deserve it :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Tangled Wires

Nice one, so cool to hear Songcrafters on the radio.

Terrific song too, and well worthy of the honour.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Congratulations! And an excellent song too. Can you tell us a bit about who did what on this song?

I've added the broadcast clip to our "Songcrafters on the Radio" jukebox. You're in good company there.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SharksDontSleep

Wow thanks very much for everyone's interest & kind comments.
I should probably explain that I posted this in General Discussion originally.
Flash Harry heard it, kindly ripped our song from the iPlayer audio & offered to add it to my topic and move it here.

Here's also a link to a better bitrate version:
[soundclick]12687950[/soundclick]
Quote from: 64Guitars on March 16, 2014, 05:48:04 PMCan you tell us a bit about who did what on this song?
I've added the broadcast clip to our "Songcrafters on the Radio" jukebox. You're in good company there.
Cheers, for this song, the drums & keyboards were created on an iPad using Garageband.
I imported the above into my Boss BR-600, added bass (custom BR-600 patch) & rhythm guitar (twangy, Zoom G3, panned right), then bounced roughly to 2 tracks before exporting & sending to Graham (Voodoo John) via Dropbox, as a guide track.
He returned wav files of more rhythm guitar (tremelo, Fender Cyber, panned left) and lead, using his BR-800. These were also imported into the BR-600 and then all tracks bounced down to 5/6.
Next Graham sent vocals. These were imported, mixed & bounced with the backing track to 7/8 for final mastering on the BR-600.
No DAW was used, just Audacity for the final export to mp3. It's not that I'm against DAWs. For one I haven't got one & for two I never know which room I'm going to be banished to when (as my wife calls it) messing around.
It's usually the bedroom.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like, I'm keen to share whatever info I can.

Thanks Again
Rob

Fat riffs.  Love the surf beat and feel.  Great work and Congrats!
recorder
Zoom HD8

Redler

Congrats, Rob & co.!!! Very captivating riffs on this! Well arranged and produced! Reminds of The Cramps a bit, that's only positive :) . Very fine job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR