"Human" Hook covers The Human League

Started by Hook, March 13, 2014, 10:41:23 AM

Flash Harry

I'm getting too old. Human League - Phil is looking old, Joy Division, Peter Hook is looking old, Ian Curtis is no longer with us, the boys from Depeche are looking like their arses are starting to sag, Vince is less than boyish. Icicle works - I met their bass player recently, he now plays for Pink Floyd.  I loved the eighties, it was an ace time, student life, drug misuse, trying it on with anyone who looked remotely female.

This is a seminal track - it's where things are now. Perfect, brings you up short, you're 50 odd. Get a grip and live.

Thanks - relived a bit of my youth and I had a great time. I need to remember how to do that. And if you can do that with a version of a song, you're not doing badly.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pete C

Great version Hook - works really well.  Getting deep now, but you know there's certain moments in your life which even at the time you think I'll always remember this moment? Well this song was the soundtrack to one of those moments for me.  Like Flash Harry said, it brings it all back but makes you realise where you are know.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800