Wont let me export MP3

Started by jjl5590, March 12, 2009, 11:09:58 AM

jjl5590

Hi,
I've had no trouble until now exporting tracks from my BR micro in MP3 format onto my computer. I recorded a song the other day and used up the full memory card until it said "card full!" near the end of the song  ::) so theres nothing much i can do about that.
I wanted to hear what it sounded like, so I went to export it as an MP3 file, and it just says "card full!" its not like im recording anything?! How on earth am I meant to export it if it wont let me??

Many thanks guys

hewhoiscalledj

Yikes... I learned this the hardway myself but the problem is that when you export (mp3 or wave) the MBR is essentially creating another song in your chosen format (in MP3 mode/folder.) This requires space on the card as a whole other file is created.

2 solutions. Plug the MBR into your computer with a USB cable and back up all the files you can (just copy the BR and MP3 folders to your desktop or where ever you want.) Now delete what you dont need at the moment from the MBR to free up space.

Or, when you copy the BR folder over to your computer, you can make use of (I forget the name of the application, but you can find links to it from this forum.) It's like the BR converter or something like that. I havent used it myself but it will at least turn those BR files into wave.

Not sure how much recording youve done, but before doing all this, you can also try Optimizing each song on your MBR. This could free up enough space to do what you need to do... all the same, i suggest backing up your stuff to the computer.

jjl5590

cool thanks for the reply.

Im using the card it came with (128mb), and i just have that one song on it. Its a jazz song and goes on for about 12 minutes. I dont know what to delete because Im pretty sure theres nothing else on there. I'll try and have a look for that program you mentioned. Do you happen to know the format of the songs on the MBR before its exported as an MP3 file?

cheers

Kody

Maybe the demo song is still on there and you can delete that? Here's that program you're looking for!!

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=699
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

hewhoiscalledj

As a side note, I totally recommend buying at least a couple 1gig SD cards. I was able to buy a set of 4 SansDisk Ultra 1gb cards on ebay for about $18 (buy it now price) Previously, I had purchased 1 SD card at Target and that cost me about the same as buying 4 online.

You get over 6hrs of recording time using the hi-fi format (which you should always use.) I generally limit my recording time to around 4hrs so i have space to work with. The trick is labeling the tiny little buggers.