Well Goodbye Then...

Started by ODH, March 01, 2014, 10:01:11 AM

ODH

WellGoodbyThen
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Little piece of whimsey about betrayal anger and then acceptance.

You might want to equip yourself with a medium quality cigar before embarking on this journey...

Well Goodbye Then
w/m Nick Morgan
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

SteveB

Well I don't know about anyone else, Nick, but the only thing 'wrong' with this is it's miles too piggin short!! :o
When you brought the synth-strings(?) in I was just getting going. No matter, you're the boss.
I enjoyed listening to this clear, well-produced and played offering. Whimsey indeed. :o
Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

henwrench

Really impressive presentation on a number of levels...Great chord structure, songwriting, vocals, production... on the money....wicked.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

It's a fantastic track. Just lamentably too short.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hook

Absolutely love it brother, what a great tune. Could be longer but I can always listen again & I'm sure I will!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

fabulous, the bass drums and piano brings to mind a band called tindersticks. but it's all you. really enjoyed it. and i think it's length is perfect leave em wanting more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Picker

Like the others have said, a little short, but a good tune.  It would be worth your time to add another minute to it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Jarle

Great song. Short? Maybe... But everything is there-good melody, arrangement and playing. Well done.
recorder
Boss BR-800

ODH

Thanks for the comments all.

I remember watching the Man from Uncle TV series (stay with me on this) and being fascinated at how the tiny pieces of incidental music between scenes had so much composition and told such a story in themselves; in only a few seconds.  I've never successfully written anything which works at only a very short duration, but that thought is always at the back of my mind.

So this is deliberately short and even then still way longer than it could be if I had more skill.  I'm not sure what the word vignette means but it seems appropriate to use.  So it's a vignette, like a bonsai tree or a haiku poem.

It's a bit like the old Colin Chapman story at Lotus Cars; they didn't reduce weight, they added lightness.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Redler

Liked this from the first note! The piano sounds so sweet! Nice melody! Well done on each way! I wish it would have been longer.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR