Main Menu

Dollification

Started by henwrench, February 28, 2014, 04:56:26 AM

Jarle

This is so cool and unpredictable, and as mentioned - disturbing. Love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Picker

Very cool indeed.  I can only hope to progress to a point where I can be this creative.  Well done!
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Brilliant! I love that lead guitar.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Nelson

Quote from: henwrench on March 01, 2014, 05:58:43 AM
Quote from: Nelson on February 28, 2014, 04:59:04 PMI don't know if I asked you this before Hennie but what do use to record and mix. Are you missing about with frequencies and compression or just panning and volume.

Everything is recorded and mixed on my trusty Boss Micro BR. There is a fair bit of panning, guitars left and right to give some width and helps to make sounds stand out a bit without needing too much volume. I record everything with a fair bit of compression too, I love to squash everything, making it smooth, but still keeping some range of dynamics. Don't tend to EQ much, just get the source sound right. I use Audacity purely to 'top and tail' the finished stereo master, cut noise from the beginning and sometimes the end...and that's it!!

henwrench

Like most things, the better the source the better the end product, even without the bells and whistles.
Sometime you just need to hear someone else state the obvious, eh?
Appreciate the reply.

Cheers
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Satchwood

Cool man, really cool dude... Henwickedness!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

henwrench

Dear Admin Staff...(you know who you are)

Although posted about 11 hours 'early', and completely coincidentally, I feel I must put forward this piece as a possible 'TV Fest' contribution. As is the request of my client, hereafter referred to as 'h', 'h' would like to not indulge too deeply the 'inspiration' behind the piece in question (i.e 'Dollification'), suffice to say, the piece was directly influenced by a TV broadcast, about, er, Dolls. Men. Dressed as....

Yours,

The 'h' Staff and all who sail in him. ON him. Yes, ON. Not 'in'. 'Kay?  ;)

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

TV Fest?

I hadn't considered Transvesticism...  At least not outside of the usual Friday nights....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

ODH

Ha ha

I love that you got this into the TV fest.

How do you feel about that one, Mr Putin???

:D
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

A beaut, reminds me a little of the Alabama Three who I adore. Great post.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Great title, great (catchy) song, and a perfectly-suited subject matter for 'wrenching. Love the mangled 'solo' too. I saw that Channel 4 documentary. Disturbing yet fascinating. Hope you aren't tempted to try it for real ! ;-)