Main Menu

Dollification

Started by henwrench, February 28, 2014, 04:56:26 AM

henwrench

TV_Fest (banner image missing)

Uh-oh, I've got a new hobby. Or should that be 'lifestyle'. You choose...

henwrench

Time:
0:00
Volume:

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Oh my !

Hennylichious madness

I love it, but I think I'll think I'll steer clear of the parks for a while ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

The eyes keep following me....it looks so real...I'm a bit scared to go to sleep...

Top shelf brother!!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

bra! posted same elsewhere tho not signed in.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

I love it - never heard of "dollification" before (I'm still a babe in the woods, ya see... ;) ).

As always, I'm more drawn to the sounds, and great ones abound here. The guitar leads are wicked, and that bass is top-notch as always. Catchy chorus, too :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Nelson

Me Likes

Dollifi ~ what?

Is that anything like this crazy bird (Valeria Lukyanova), who wants to be Barbie? 

That's far out, man.  O0

A uniquely Hennie piece, draws you in from the jump.
Freaking everyone out.  :o

I don't know if I asked you this before Hennie but what do use to record and mix. Are you missing about with frequencies and compression or just panning and volume.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

henwrench

Quote from: Nelson on February 28, 2014, 04:59:04 PMI don't know if I asked you this before Hennie but what do use to record and mix. Are you missing about with frequencies and compression or just panning and volume.

Everything is recorded and mixed on my trusty Boss Micro BR. There is a fair bit of panning, guitars left and right to give some width and helps to make sounds stand out a bit without needing too much volume. I record everything with a fair bit of compression too, I love to squash everything, making it smooth, but still keeping some range of dynamics. Don't tend to EQ much, just get the source sound right. I use Audacity purely to 'top and tail' the finished stereo master, cut noise from the beginning and sometimes the end...and that's it!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Sweet Jesus this one is good......reminded me a bit of good old Neil Young in the very beginning......but then it went where it went.  Spooky goodness from the master spooky goodness maker.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ODH

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 01, 2014, 09:46:37 AMSweet Jesus this one is good......reminded me a bit of good old Neil Young in the very beginning......but then it went where it went.  Spooky goodness from the master spooky goodness maker.

That's what I thought.  More or less.  Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon while not swearing at my PC.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Flash Harry

Truly disturbing.

Yes... Disturbing
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.