BR600 question -foot controllers

Started by guitarron, March 11, 2009, 07:48:23 PM

guitarron

is it possible to set a foot controller to adjust pan, reverbs eq's ect in the mixer section?- i know it can control fx parameters-such as wah modulations-
can you punch in rec with them?

also-it would be nice if could control the master volume

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: guitarron on March 11, 2009, 07:48:23 PMis it possible to set a foot controller to adjust pan, reverbs eq's ect in the mixer section?

No.

Quotecan you punch in rec with them?

Yes.

Quotealso-it would be nice if could control the master volume

Not Master volume, but you can use an expression pedal to control the volume in the insert effects chain. Just enable the FV effect (Foot Volume). I believe it's normally enabled in the preset effects anyway. You can also use the expression pedal as a wah by setting the Type parameter of the Wah effect to PEDAL, or to control the Pitch Shifter by setting its Type to PEDAL (à la DigiTech Whammy pedal).

The foot switch can be set to any one of:
  • PLAY (start/stop)
  • PUNCH (in/out)
  • FX (on/off)

The FX setting simply turns the insert effects on and off. It's equivalent to pressing the [EFFECTS] button on the BR-600. Unfortunately, it can't be used to control individual effects.

You can't use the foot switch and the expression pedal at the same time. It's one or the other. For more on expression pedals and foot switches, see pages 191, 104 (Foot Volume), 106 (Pitch Shifter), and 110 (Wah).

I would like to see a Midi In connector on a future BR with a full midi implementation so that you could control any of the effects parameters, mixer settings, transport controls, drums, etc. via midi. This would open up lots of possibilities, such as...

... etc., etc.     Midi is cool.  8)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig