Main Menu

My Own Prison

Started by Kody, March 11, 2009, 07:34:21 PM

Kody

My Own Prison (2)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 ;D ;DAlright....This was just for fun...I found a Creed Karaoke CD in my Dad's collection.  So I recorded a song onto a couple tracks(1 and 2) of the MBR and laid down some vocals on 3 and 4.  I'm really not too pleased with the results, but I think this will help me in the long run with audio recording in general.  The vocals aren't EQed quite right and, my vocals are not perfect....I could have kept going back for different takes all night,  :D :Dbut......you know....it's not like it's my song anyway ;) Anyway, I might try a few more in the future, so hopefully you guys will see some improvement as I go. I hope you'll listen to the whole song because I think it gets better as I go!! Thanks!!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Kody

Does anybody know why you can't center pan tracks 3/4...listening to this here- the vocals are way too left heavy........no more mixing on my V-Rocker!! :D :D :D

sorry!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

mr2kewl

i don't know about you, but i think it rocks. your voice is every bit as soulful as scott stapp's. got it looping on player as i type. is that you doing the backing vocals as well?

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Kody

Geeez thanks man!

I'm singing everything except the OOOOOOOOHHHHs~~~

Appreciate the kind words!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

BossMicroBRew

And I said ooooooooooooo this is wonderful! Dunno how to fix the left-ness(??:D) but who cares, cause of the major wow factor. Man, when you come in with the "I cry out to God" part...well, heck, I'd rather listen to this version any day. You got Scotty boy beat by a country mile.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

lg

Quote from: BossMicroBRew on March 11, 2009, 10:35:06 PMAnd I said ooooooooooooo this is wonderful! Dunno how to fix the left-ness(??:D) but who cares, cause of the major wow factor. Man, when you come in with the "I cry out to God" part...well, heck, I'd rather listen to this version any day. You got Scotty boy beat by a country mile.

I second all that was said in the above quote!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Never heard the song before but you,ve done a great job here, always know when somthings good when I listen right to the end and I,ve listened several times.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

Those are incredible vocals. I don't know this song, but it's a real peach. You could front any band, anywhere with ease. Serious vocal talent  :)

guitarron

really good vox-nailed it
a little lo in the mix tho

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

I don't know the song but I love it 8) Well Done!