And So It Shall Be

Started by Nelson, February 16, 2014, 04:12:34 PM

Flash Harry

My friend, I come to your music with a sense of trepidation, it's because you touch the very essence of humanity - life, love, loss, betrayal, and I cannot listen to your voice without being moved, you're songs change my mood, my general outlook on life. I have to take a deep breath and throw myself into your environment, accept what you present, take the beautiful melody, the meaningful and sometimes painful words, make the sense I can - there's always a parallel, your songs are personal, but they describe the human condition. I don't know how you do it. I'm glad you can do it. This would would be a smaller and less thoughtful place without you.

Musically, this is delightful. Lyrically it's thoughful and it speaks to me; it's wonderful.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

allysonmarie

Very lovely song :) The sorrow that came through from both your lyrics and voice was very beautiful to me. Great opening lines and I like that you placed them at the closing as well.

Geir

WOW

I'm speechless !!

stunning!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jarle

This is a work of art. The arrangement, playing and singing are just wonderful. I love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Always a pleasure to hear your music, but I think you,ve excelled yourself on this one, sorrowful but so melodic, the vox are so good, just magic!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

SteveB

Exceedingly professional as always Mr N., and so many weaved textures to contemplate.
Congratulations on the assembled production, a wonderful upload.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Hook

You are an incredible songwriter my brother, an artist for sure. I so love this tune, as I do all of your tunes.

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 19, 2014, 05:26:51 PMMy friend, I come to your music with a sense of trepidation, it's because you touch the very essence of humanity - life, love, loss, betrayal, and I cannot listen to your voice without being moved, you're songs change my mood, my general outlook on life. I have to take a deep breath and throw myself into your environment, accept what you present, take the beautiful melody, the meaningful and sometimes painful words, make the sense I can - there's always a parallel, your songs are personal, but they describe the human condition. I don't know how you do it. I'm glad you can do it. This would would be a smaller and less thoughtful place without you.

Musically, this is delightful. Lyrically it's thoughful and it speaks to me; it's wonderful.

Yep!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Glenn Mitchell

This is a fine song sir.
Poetically put but easy enough to follow. And I do relate.
It has a medieval feel to it as many classics do.
Nicely written, sung and played
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Farrell Jackson

This is a fantastic song Nelson! The story and the way you present it vocally is pure poetry. The uncluttered backing instruments are mixed perfect to let your words and voice take the spotlight at center stage. Nice!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Nelson

(((((( BUMP ))))))   O0

Thank you so much for your kindness on this one, guys. :r2

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600