Oud have thought it

Started by jackofall, March 09, 2009, 08:18:46 AM

jackofall

Oud have thought it
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's my new Oud and small drum that I bought from ebay. I wanted an Arabic sound. Not having the faintest idea how to play the Oud yet was maybe a distinct disadvantage, but I came up with this anyway...

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Greeny

Sounds like you've mastered this stringed beast too  :D

Got a bit of a Greek thing going with this... it was speeding up to a plate-smashing finale!

Very cool.

knniggits

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Wiley

That was just to neat. I liked it. I could see belly dancers. What is an oud Will look it up on e-bay.  But you can play anything with strings. Just keep picking up the pace and oooheee.

Bluesberry

Really super cool sounding instrument.  What a great sound to add to a rocking song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Excellent 8) is there anything with strings you can't play.....

Ferryman_1957

Really good - can't wait to hear what you can do with it when you know how to play it! Enjoyed hearing such a different style of music.

Cheers,

Nigel

dragonshade

This really is cool, thanks for sharing. Has an Arabic feel in the first half especially. An unfamliar instrument also, masterfully done.

Groundy

OTD Bump,
You are some musician My friend...

Have you got an Oud, Hook ?????

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

jackofall

I'd forgotten about that! Thanks so much! I've been having Oud lessons for over a year now as well as following the 'Oud For Guitarists' courses on line. It's such a complex and fascinating music and I wish I had enough years left to get good at it!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...