Rainy Sunday Dream (Instrumental)

Started by Bluesberry, March 08, 2009, 06:17:40 PM

Bluesberry

Rainy Sunday Dream
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Today I made up a mostly acoustic instrumental, inspired by the sound of a rainy day.  What do you all think.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

mr2kewl

very nice guitar work mr. bluesberry. not to sound dorky, cuz i don't think this song is dorky at all, but i think this piece has a very John Denver feel to it. i think John was a great musician until he let success go to his head. but... that's a different subject all together.

very nice work!!!

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Wiley

That was really nice.  It was rainy and sleeting and then snowing here today so I can associate with  the song.  Very good name and gave that impression.  I admire anyone who can pick the acoustics like that. Great job!

lg

Very Dreamy,

I believe you have just demonstrated your guitar talent yet even further with the making of this piece.
I have always loved your blues guitar work, since I first joined on here... But you have created a piece of beauty here that is not of blues origin.
I am a fan!
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Greeny

You really have this finger-picked acoustic stuff nailed. It's just a joy to hear an acoustic being played that well. And I like the little 'country' overtones and accents being provided by the electric. Is that some tubesock and moonage going down there?

Great atmosphere, great playing. Just a lovely dreamy piece of rainy sunday reflection.

tafka

well the sun's out now.love the acoustic.
great post.

Tony J
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

8) You folks really know how to make a guy feel great, thank you.  mr2cool, I don't mind being compared to John Denver, he was a really good guitar player before the cocaine and all that.  lg, I really love reading your comments, very nice to have this kind of positive affirmation of my noodling (it always feels like noodling to me until I post it on here and get all this great feedback).
QuoteIs that some tubesock and moonage going down there?
Greeny, I honestly don't remember for this one (mayby tubesock), I just scrolled through and left it where it felt right.  I didn't write anything down for this piece, just turned on the MBR and started playing, I was in a zone for sure (the good kind of zone).  Thank you Tony and Wiley.  This MBR (and this site) has helped me improve my guitar playing so much I sometimes can't believe it myself.  Thank you all for listening and commenting.  8)

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Makes you wonder where it's all going to end. Everyone on here is just getting better and better... !  :)

Bluesberry

Quote from: Greeny on March 09, 2009, 06:22:46 AMMakes you wonder where it's all going to end. Everyone on here is just getting better and better... !  :)
Exactly right there Greeny, I guess it is the exercise of recording yourself and posting, getting feedback that is the key.  By recording myself I go from random noodling to thinking about what I am doing and trying to construct something, the same with lyrics.  It takes things to a whole different level to record yourself.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

thanks all for the 1st class entertainment.
anyone wanna buy a T.V. ?

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...