New Animal - Gnasty Original

Started by Gnasty, January 12, 2014, 09:51:06 AM

Gnasty

New Animal
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey Everyone,

This is one of many i came up with fingerpicking on the uke and i just started adding more and more. A rather different style from me but i like it. 25 tracks and the hardest mix i`ve ever done. Hope you like it.

New Year
New Attitude
New Animal

New Animal
Percussion: Dr.880 - Drumjam & Hang drums in Drumjam
Strings on Thumbjam
Ukes
Bass
Lead geetars
Vox
  New animal

No more despair
No more crossing the line
No more hard feelings
I've left it behind

Haunted by my fate
Shackled in silence
It's what I've become
There's no one to blame

Is it too late ?

Does a leopard ever lose it's spots
Can a tiger change it's stripes
I'm a new animal now and I will
Just Bid adieu to the old

Just keeping the peace
Not gonna release
Can you relate
You're too late

You're too late

Does a leopard ever lose it's spots
Can a tiger change it's stripes
I'm a new animal now and I will
Please Bid adieu to the old

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Burtog

What a great track Eric, love how the Ukes and Bass lines intertwine, sounds awesome.

I like this new style.

Happy New Year!
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Superb track, Eric!! Very laid back feel here. Loved the uke chord progression...gives a cool flavor to this. Some fantastic guitar lick in the solo - nice contrast!

25 tracks? Well put together and produced! I'm blown away with this!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

I absolutely love it. The picked ukes, the lead guitars and the harmonies. Love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman_1957

Now you probably guessed I would like this when you said it had 25 tracks, and guess what? I do! I love the uke lines and they way they twist and turn throughout the track. They make a great foundations for the rest of the song. The guitar lead is great and the way the whole thing hangs together shows that you have put a lot of thought into this.  

Oh and I love what you do at the end, starting about 4:08, you get all radio filter, do cool drop outs and the production is just fabulous, a really great ending without having to do a massive change in the music. Very clever and very well done.

One slight tweak I would suggest (or perhaps for future reference). The lead vocal can get a little bit low at times for me. Sometimes it's spot on, other times it feels a little quiet. I think it maybe because you have an effect on it which means the volume varies a little. Perhaps mix in a small amount of a clean vocal with it as well just to ensure it stays front and centre throughout? Nothing major though, it works really well as it is, great composition, great playing and performing, and excellent production.

New year, new attitude? I like it. More like this to come.....?

Geir

WOW !!

WOW !!!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Gnasty on January 12, 2014, 09:51:06 AMNew Year
New Attitude
New Animal
I like it !!

Always enjoy your music Eric, you are one talented guy !! And I really love the way you've started the new year, with something quite different from what you've done before. The performance is just fab, and wow man, what a fantastic production !!!

Really hope to hear a lot from you in 2014 !!!

I'm a fan !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

This is fanfreaking rocktacousticalicious!!!! That finger picking pattern is really cool & the drum jam sounds sweet. I listened on my phone yesterday and was so rockingly satisfied when that badass solo came in & again on the 2nd listen I was still like a kid on Christmas; really cool solo! Great song brother.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Wow. Loved the sound of this. The picked Uke gives it a slightly African feel to it.
Excellent track.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600