Main Menu

Weird Science

Started by Ferryman_1957, January 10, 2014, 04:17:26 PM

Mike_S

Brilliant, loved it. I think some vocals would go down great on this too. It would suit a few vocal styles i'd say. It would go well with an echoy, haunting male vocal sang kind of softish or would also go well with a very shouty vocal. Personally i would say would go well with one of those real metal deep throaty raspy style vocals where they kind of sound like some kind of animal, but i know that's not for everyone!

Great song though, sounds great.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Picker

Well the finished work speaks well.  I like this tune.  I always like vocals, but not sure how they would be worked into this.  I like it without.
recorder
Boss BR-800

IanR

Nigel,

Wow!

I missed this when you posted it.  I was busy with something or other - oh yes, painting my house.

This is the new benchmark for Songcrafters IMHO.  You get 10/10 for every facet.  I don't think you need a vocal but I will be very interested to see if Jim does something that can actually add to this perfection. You are a talented man.  I can fully understand why you were so upset with the card issues.  It could have been like winning the lottery but losing the ticket.

I am listening to your other stuff now.  You are very good. 

My highest regards to you,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SwanSong

Fantastic intro . dont know how i missed this. wonderful bass gutiar
work . and a good suprise of a listen coming from u . always great
to venture into new areas out of the comfort zone. u have done it
well here. congrats loved this . keep sharing wish u the best NEIL.!!!

Ferryman_1957

Thanks for the nice feedback everyone, it's much appreciated. This one got very painful when I thought I had nearly lost it all.....

I am working on a version with vocals that Jim sent, it will take a while as life is intruding a bit into music time but I think it will take this piece in a slightly different direction. Should be fun!

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI am working on a version with vocals that Jim sent, it will take a while as life is intruding a bit into music time but I think it will take this piece in a slightly different direction. Should be fun!
c'mon nigel that was yonks ago my inner puppy wants to post the version i sent you ages ago.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

I'm a bit late to the party on this one! But glad I got to hear this fuzzy, bass-tastic mofo in the end. Total post-industrial and apocalyptic wasteland filth. Scary yet strangely soothing. Possibly like drowning in a sea of basses. Incredible attention to detail and ambition. Your perfectionism is well rewarded here - it's a wonderful piece of music. And no need to cut anything.

Tangled Wires

I think Bassfest must have passed me by...this is just an amazing piece of work.

I am listening with headphones which is enhancing the glory of it all and loved that ping ponged panned effect at the start.

Those overdriven parts are to die for, and there were times throughout that I had to remind myself that it was a bass guitar I was listening to.

Incredible vision and imagination in even coming up with it in the first place, and I would be curious too to hear it taken further with vocals added.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Holy Moly this is Great N!  Listening again and again..to your creative genius!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)