Weird Science

Started by Ferryman, January 10, 2014, 04:17:26 PM

Ferryman

WeirdScience128
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BassFest (banner image missing)

OK, after many months of hair tearing, here is my entry for Bassfest, only just over 2 months late  :o I was inspired by the festival idea to do something quick to play with various bass sounds and effects, but instead it turned into a complete nightmare. The BR800 blew a fit and completely corrupted the song files, meaning it nearly got hurled out the window. After a lot of faffing about, I managed to get the data back (see here if you want to find out what happened https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=20065.0).

So I finally got back to this after a long hiatus while I gave up and then decided to try to resurrect it only to find it's a bit too long and a bit too dirgey. I should have cut out a verse and a chorus as it's a bit repetitive but it's too late now. I need to leave well alone and move on.

This is all my little Jaguar short scale bass apart from the drum track. I used the Boss B3 bass effects unit run into the BR800 (sometimes with effects from that as well), and also a Mini Kaoss Pad 2. Many fuzz effects were harmed in the creation of this track, sometimes I had fuzz going into more fuzz, complete aural chaos.  

It was meant as an experiment and it went really weird, hence the title. I should probably have hooked a barbie doll up to the BR800 while making it.

Slight warning - if you don't like post-rock oriented fuzz-drenched dirges, this may not be for you....  ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

yer too hard on yersel. it is fucking awesome. and what an intro.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

tho i'd bring up the bass guitar in the mix  ;D ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 10, 2014, 04:29:06 PMtho i'd bring up the bass guitar in the mix  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:D :D Nice one! Which one btw? There's 12 in there, over 20 I think if you include the stereo tracks........

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Holy shite man, deadly listen.  Good one to listen to falling asleep.  Fun stuff and a really great sound.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

The wait is finally over.  :)

Excellent! So glad you persevered through the memory card troubles and didn't chuck the BR-800 out the window.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

Wow fuzz bass galore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you got the problems all worked out and posted up....late or not, it rocks the bassfest!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

A difficult birth, but well worth the wait. Super track - some great sounds, and really, really heavy. I really enjoyed that - would be interesting with some vocals as well.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Redler

Awesome!!! Proggy, heavy and trippy! Fantastic tones, as well. This was really a worth of waiting! You have sure done so much work with this (+extra job on BR-800 SD card problems). Here's so many layers and you've put them well together! Top class job, Nigel!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR