She's Off Her Meds

Started by Bluesberry, January 03, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

Bluesberry

She's Off Her Meds (160 kbps)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I finally got something recorded  :P.  Feels good.  I took some good advice from on here and got out the IPad, seeing as how I can't play my guitars too much lately (shoulder pain related).  I always wrote songs from the guitar up, always starting from guitar, so it was weird to go about it differently.  It was a block I was struggling to get past.  The IPad is so full of cool musical apps, but I usually just noodle about and get lost in the apps with little to show for it.  Time to get back to songwriting, and seeing as the guitar time is limited, the IPad became my #1 tool for this one.  I am not too sure where this came from.....as is the case with all my songs.  It feels real good to get creative again.  I am on a roll now!!!!

She's Off Her Meds
music/lyrics Dave Berry
Acoustic & Electric Guitars
Keys and bass played on IPad
Drums & recording Boss BR1200

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

What great tune to come back with, that Ipad really can do the business,  the keys just sound cool, great songwriting, magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

Excellent songwriting BB. The iPad stuff sounds really cool and your guitar playing fits it beautifully.

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 03, 2014, 06:50:13 PMI am on a roll now!!!!

That's great news. I look forward to hearing more like this.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Groundy

Great comeback BB, well done  sir..................Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

Wow brother this is totally the shit! What a great song, I'm so glad you pulled out that pad and let it inspire you. Your vocal is perfect for the song & I really dig those arpeggios that come in, off the hook!
Back On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

T.C. Elliott

I like the guitars, too. Hoping you can get back to more of it, but this sounds good. I'm glad the iPad is working out and like 64guitars, I hope to hear more.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

yeah baby. i wants me an ipad, but mrs orh wants and new dishwasher and tumble dryer. aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh! fabulous dave,

yeah baby! dave's on a roll.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Very happy to hear another song from you Dave. This has got quite a proggy feel to my ears - do I hear Mellotron strings in there? Lots of other nice keyboard touches as well, and great to hear your guitars and vocals going strong, too.

Damn, this is good!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Hilary

Oh you're definitely back - this is great. :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Picker

Awesome tune.  Great lyrics, great title.
recorder
Boss BR-800