Treading Lightly (-now with player and file in order)

Started by madrab, December 26, 2013, 03:30:08 PM

madrab

Treading Lightly
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hey,
I haven't posted anything here in a long time, I hope a few of you remember me.

I have done a few versions of this song I wrote (and I will make more). This one is from this afternoon and night on my br800. I don't feel ok with the drums and I had a few problems recording. So there are many mistakes but I feel I am getting right about the structure.

What I really want to is to be able to play guitar and sing it and record it with a band in order to get some dynamic. But that will take awhile – just singing is hard for me..

/Henrik

(after a little trouble with soundcloud, here it is uploaded here instead, sorry about that. Soundcloud is still using the soundcloud-tool above, or https://soundcloud.com/henrikh-llsten/treading-lightly -using the hyperlink..)

Farrell Jackson

Well done Henrik! I like the way you're following the guitar melody with your vocal.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Nice job Madrab I dig the chiiled, dark feel of the tune, kinda Nick Cave  sounding. I also really love the solos, very cool.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

madrab

Thank you for your comments. I was not I should share this song first..

The melody came while playing guitar and then I got the first line of the text while thinking about the melody. So it  letting guitar and voice share melody came natural.

Right now I am in Reykjavik and feel very pleased about the Nick Cave comparisment.

Flash Harry

I like this. I ge the Nick Cave vibe instantly - the lyrics are amazing - and the guitar break is spine tingling.

I do like this. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

fabulous i'm getting a blixa bargeld vibe myself. around the 2.20minute mark it just takes off and into space, brawtastic. and love the way it all resolves around the 3 minute mark and then goes mental again at the 4 minute mark. did i say this is brawtastic.

braw tell yer maw and FMGWABP for good measure.

love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Picker

I gotta listen to this one again.  Love the lead guitar, great tone, no grit but sustained and overdriven.  Is that a patch or are you recording off of a live amp?  And are they Humbuckers or Single Coils?
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Loved the melancholic mood of your song! Excellent songwriting. The dialogue between rhythm and lead guitar sounds fine!! Nice post, Henrik!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

madrab

I am blushing. At my hotel i Reykjavik, writing on ny phone (that auto corrects me to swedish) and listening to Mammut and Emiliana Torrini now. I didn't know more than Sigur Ros and Björk, but there is much to find here. If you have more suggestions, let me know.

No patch for that guitar. Funny you liked the solo, I had so much problems recording and was not pleased with my playing. A little rig run down:
Telecaster -> mxr distorsion -> overdrive (homemade -not by me- "version" of a zenkudo) -> danelectro cc tremolo ->  analog delay (also special or homemade) -> Laney lionheart L20H amp.

Happy new year!

fenderbender

Very infectious
love the guitar work
it makes the whole song
congrats

Tommy
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600