Bird In The Hand - a new Farrell original

Started by Farrell Jackson, December 15, 2013, 09:47:32 AM

ODH

Lovely bit of pub rock.  Nice guitar too - I do like an offset Fender.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Ferryman_1957

Wow, this is brilliant Farrell. Fantastic recording, the sound and production is top notch, really sharp and sounds pro quality through my monitors. The guitar is played superbly and sound excellent, gotta love those Blackstar amps (I have one of the valve Blackstar distortion pedals which I love).

It's definitely worth adding some backing vox and fuller drums because this is a quality piece of work. But for now I really love your last song of 2013!

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Speed Demon on December 16, 2013, 02:36:46 PMFarrell, post a picture of this guitarist's wet dream.

Give everybody GAS!

Thanks Gene, Satchwood, Hook, Redler, Nick, and Ferryman! The more I play this guitar the better I like it.

Gene, for some reason I can't get my guitar image to attach on the page. I did get it to post as my icon on the left but it's small picture which will give you some idea of what it looks like. It's a stripped down hardtail model, which I like, with a volume, tone, and pickup selector switch. The mahogany body is just heavy enough to keep it from being headstock heavy.

Farrell  

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenny B

Great soulful rockin tune Farrell!!!  Just the way I like it too!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

That's a nice looking guitar and it sounds great! Cool song too.

I wasn't familiar with that guitar model so I looked it up on Fender's website:

http://www.fender.com/series/modern-player/modern-player-jaguar-rosewood-fingerboard-black-transparent/

Fender calls the finish "Black Transparent".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Geir

Fab song Farrell. Great guitar sounds, but what gets me is the fantastic vocals !!

As usual top notch recording and production !!

Love it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bazz-t-bass

Farrell.......great intro riff with ,for me, a definite "Keef" feel..........foolwed by a cracking song ::)

Cool Stuff 8)

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Jarle

I have to agree with the others here - an awesome rocker, with fabulous vocal.
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

That jag is Rock,n,Roll.
I'm going to look into those blackheart amps as well.
I'm looking into downsizing my live rig and would like to just mic up a small amp to make life easier.
Brilliant song.