"My hat" a Geir original

Started by Geir, December 10, 2013, 07:18:56 AM

Ferryman_1957

Excellent stuff, one to make us over 50s want to get up and jump around. Love the different sections and the time changes, lovely biting guitars and I love the staccato feel throughout. Henny does give some good advice though, the end result is a little toppy and could do with taming at the top end or a bit more in the mids.

FYI I do not have a hat and never plan to own one and the excellence of this song has not made me reconsider!

bazz-t-bass

Hi Geir.................really fine classy piece of work...........on my third listen.

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Satchwood

What a great FUN song Geir!!  love it... question: who really has the rat? lol
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

Catchy as all get out.  I like the contrast between verse and chorus.  I wish I could "ooh" like that.

Blooby

T.C. Elliott

The vocals, the attitude in them, really drew me in. I loved how the melody, the vocal tone and the performance all wrapped up to great effect.  And in relation to the previous comment, I noticed the cymbals/rhythm track changing and proving that fairly small contrasts can make a pretty good difference even if it's not noticeable on it's own all the time.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Speed Demon

Very nice song, Geir.

The music arrangement and vocal are top-notch.

The only thing missing is your hat, so I'm pleased to loan you mine.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Sundbo

What a great song Geir! The drums are fun and creative. Great lyrics and the vox is fantastic (as always)! I think you should become a full time musician :)

ODH

Fast songs rock.

Loony policemen rock also, but differently somehow.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Jarle

Catchy melody and excellent vocal. I love the build up to the "sing along" chorus. This made me ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800