Need some creamy blues lead...

Started by Greeny, March 05, 2009, 03:38:37 AM

Greeny

That's total perfection right there, Tony. Tasteful, soulful and sublime. I can't tell you how happy I am with how this one turned out. Oh yeah!!!!! What a great start to the weekend  ;D

Greeny

p.s. what are you playing that on?  :)

The Reverend 48

I'm glad I didn't have a go now  :-[........This is one of my favourite Songs ever! and you guys more than did it credit Well Done 8)

tafka

Quote from: Greeny on March 06, 2009, 05:11:26 AMp.s. what are you playing that on?  :)

thanks Tim,
its a Fender Strat bridge/middle pickups.
you should not let this stay here.your vocals need to be heard.
how on earth did you manage to sing the octave stuff????
wow.

Tony
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Oldrottenhead

excellent stuff guys, mr jones your playing is as sublime as always
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Phwoar! This is as sweet as it gets.

Just perfect guys. Love the bluesy tones you got there Tony and Tim, vocals are just A1 mate.

Brilliant.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tafka

Quote from: oldrottenhead on March 06, 2009, 06:25:05 AMexcellent stuff guys, mr jones your playing is as sublime as always
thank you very much Mr Higgins.

Bluesberry

What a great site.  This is an example of the pure passion and joy that is music.  Nobody can deny the power of this.  You could take this and go out into the street and heal people with this performance.  I am spellbound.  I am in awe.  Thank you Tim and Tony for your sweet handling of this most wonderful song.  Whew. 8)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

The Reverend 48

Need intro
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Quote from: forte8 on March 06, 2009, 05:16:40 AMI'm glad I didn't have a go now  :-[........This is one of my favourite Songs ever! and you guys more than did it credit Well Done 8)
I couldn't resist.....This is such a magical song for me (my first ever Slow Dance ;D)
I couldn't get it out of my mind so I got up early and tried to work it out.......
This short Intro is recorded "live" into the onboard mic (a first for me)
Its not in Tony's League but I will persevere with this one......
So please Greeny If its possible can I have a version with the backer and vox so I can practice to my hearts content.......

tafka

nice work Mike.
why not play around with a clean tone and use neck & middle pick-ups on your Strat to give it a bit of "ping"....just a thought.
bet it would sound great.

Tony J.