Glycerine (first MBR attempt)

Started by Kody, March 04, 2009, 08:44:47 PM

Kody

Glycerine
Time:
0:00
Volume:
K dudes, this is my first shot at the MBR- I love the fact that I can just stretch out in my bed and strum away.  Just a simple Bush cover- I used the MBRs guitar effects and my mixer & condenser for the vocals....They sound a little dry, so please bear with me- Thanks!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

BossMicroBRew

:o Official 1st Micro post! Congrats on the purchase! Aside from that, onto the good stuff... WOW!! What else could we expect? Man, killer vocals. You captured every nuance of that song to perfection.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

hardlock

Nice Song!!  ;D 

You know me however, I hear drums and lead/bass going in there for the full meal deal.  Great start, now get to work.   ::)

Seriously through, even as is it's great.  Any chance you recorded it over the metronome so you can go back and add a drum track?
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Kody

Thanks for the compliments M-Brew & H-Lock, I really appreciate the feedback! This peticular song actually never has had drums- it's one of those wierd ones :D What I need is a cello and some bass. I was thinking of putting the bass on there, but I currently do not own any orchestral instruments ;D  To tell the truth, I was kind of in a rush to post something since it arrived yesterday..... :D  Now, I'm gonna take my time and try to get some of my own stuff finished- I'm really looking forward to it!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

dragonshade

Damn dude, I like it! I used to sing this song all the time.... great job all around, solid voice. Damn I wish I had bought a new mem card today (just filled mine). This makes me wanna go grab my bass. The bass in this song adds so much dimension. I think you're gonna be a real treat for us here in the coming months.

Kody

Hah! I was just shopping the internet for a card right now...I'll tell you one thing- I'll never buy a card from Hong Kong on Ebay again!  I ordered a CF card for the br900 once and it arrived a month later with the corner of the envelope ripped off and nothing inside :D

Thanks man!! Feel free to add bass if you get a chance ;)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

Sounds pretty perfect to me. I don't think the vocals sound dry. When you can sing that well it really doesn't need other effects.

The Reverend 48

Great Post lets hear more 8)
Be careful only get a card thats on the "approved list" I bought 4 before I realised that the listed ones are the ONLY ones that work ::)

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Jim1970

Cool, Good job!  Vocals Are dead on and so is the Guitar

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR