A Southern Child

Started by Mike_S, November 22, 2013, 06:30:50 AM

Mike_S

Southern Child 3 (Mike_S, Funkyaxe, Mike Huntingford)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thanks for listening guys, great to have people listen.

I had a couple of people help me on this since i first uploaded. 2 great musicians... Andy (funkyaxe) has added some piano, beautifully done, as well as being a great guitar player Andy plays a means set of keys. Also on this version are additions from Mike Huntingford. Mike adds various instruments to the piece each adding a little more to the atmosphere, Mike has great musical vision. Thanks guys!

This version is here if anyone fancies a listen...

recorder
iPad GarageBand

MrBud

;) Very smooth--- Did you do all guitar work ? Tasty,well seasoned player for sure...nice feel---- :]
Up And Adam

Mike_S

Thanks, yes thats me on guitar. I never try to play blinding fast runs... because I simply can't ha ha! I nowadays stay well within my comfort zone and concentrate on where the melody is going when i play. i used to trip over myself and play things that to me just didn't sound right and i think i tried to demonstrate my ability more than think about the song. Thanks for listening!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

That flute part definitely adds something to the arrangement. This is a really interesting/relaxing listen. Just fun to sit back and let it soak in. If I took *baths, I think I'd take one now and listen to this. It'd be perfect.

*I usually take showers. Just wanted to be clear that I do clean up sometimes... Well, clean up compared to the average pigfarmer.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

Sounds just perfect to me, very classy, very mellow . . . lovely :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

six harvest

Very Good. I can hear a bit David Gilmour out of that. Very Nice!
recorder
Boss BR-600

six harvest

kenny mac

Great track,love the little clean guitar runs at the 2.00 mark.
Sounds very china Crisis to me.well done.

maxit

just capturing my imagination, well done!
recorder
Audacity

SwanSong

hi Mike. wonderful tune and great original music.
nice choice of instruments. loved that flute added
a nice flavor also  great job . wish u the best Neil.!

Ferryman_1957

Great additions to a great track. Really nice feel and overall everything works really well.