A Southern Child

Started by Mike_S, November 22, 2013, 06:30:50 AM

Mike_S

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

AltTuningFest (banner image missing)

A Submission to the Alt Tuning Festival.

Very simple, lullaby type thing done in Open E tuning.

Hope i have done the uploading to a festival process okay!

Note... I have removed the song from this post as don't want it on the server twice... you will find it a bit further down this thread. I reposted as it is remixed as a collaboration now... see below...

Cheers
Mike

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
iPad GarageBand

chunk

Good stuff. Love it, from the looping guitar to the lead guitar melody, the drums, the overall sound.

Redler

Very nice playing and relaxing music.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

I like this a lot…bit of a Hendrix feel in those arpeggios and licks. And everything looks a-okay for festival submission. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

magic got a nice durty feel to this, in fact i'm getting horny listening to it, braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenny B

Really Dig your soulful style Mike ... this is great ... wish I could sing ... I'd be all over this ... NICE!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Awesome... appreciatin' the feedback guys... got this track done start to finish in about an hour which is really fast for me... normally i spent ages. i was writing it as i was performing it - i laid down the rhythm guitar and then recorded each section and moved on to the next section without knowing the melody i was going to lay down each time. Was fun!!

Yeah was thinking vocals could be good too...
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Great sound Mike so professional, well done     Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

That's winner of a track, I dig that gritty guitar tone and the bluesy, soulful feel.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

Excellent tune for the open tuning fest! I also hear a slight Hendrix vibe to this, which is very cool! The clean slides backed by the crunchy guitar picking are the perfect complimenting sounds...well done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?