White Man's Blues

Started by Flash Harry, March 04, 2009, 04:36:06 AM

Flash Harry

White Man Blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I don't often post my own work, mainly because I don't produce a great deal.

But here, for your comment, is White Man's Blues. It's just me and my acoustic guitar.

It's not Blusey either.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

tafka

wow Brilliant.what a fantastic vocal.
simplicity at its best.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

mr2kewl

maybe not Chicago bluesy - but, very melancholy blue

and... some day's you need that too.

8)

by the way - i like it a lot, Mike!!!
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Bluesberry

Really beautiful.  I really love this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Simple, beautiful, and touching. And it's so good to see you showing that it's not just bass that you have a talent for. It's been a while coming, but it's great.

You've told us all before how one guitar and one voice is a hard combination to beat, and now you've demonstrated it yourself. 

:)

Flash Harry

Cheers guys for the comments.

Quote from: Greeny on March 04, 2009, 06:46:21 AMYou've told us all before how one guitar and one voice is a hard combination to beat, and now you've demonstrated it yourself. 

:)

Ah! But I cheated!

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

lg

Now that is the white man's blues for sure!
You have perfectly captured that feeling of depression and loneliness that sometimes we all feel!
I love it, that is a keeper!
LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

jackofall

Hi Flash...that was a great song. Very atmospheric and laid back. I couldn't quite hear the words. Can you post them? 

Look forward to some more original songs like this..
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Oldrottenhead

great stuff mike,bin listening to your first take all day, but this is much clearer but still captures the vibe of the first go. hope this doesn't mean you are going to pursue a solo career and forsake me and tim lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman_1957

Very nice indeed, almost headed into TomH86 territory. Simple but effective, good moody vox. Sounds sad, but like Jacofall I couldn't make out the words (but my hearing is v bad), could you post them pls?

Cheers,

Nigel