still choosing micro or br 600

Started by sleepyhead, March 04, 2009, 02:47:44 AM

Hello,there.
So Can we get something to substitute a flash card for Br 600 after all?  Answer me when you have time. Thanks.

guitarron

the br will require a 1 gig cf card to operate- i've tried 2 gig-didnt work
no other substitute i'm aware of

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony

The Micro BR uses a 1gb SD card and the BR600 uses a compact flash card.  They are different and will not substitute for each other.

I heard that they don't make a flashcard for br 600 anymore,right?Then ,
what other cards are available for br 600? Are there any?
So many people are supposed to be using br 600. How do they running things without a flash card?
Thank you guys for your help! Dude,I'm very confused.

64Guitars

The BR-600 uses a CompactFlash memory card with a maximum capacity of 1GB.

The Micro BR uses an SD memory card with a maximum capacity of 1GB.

Both are getting harder to find because of the relatively small capacity. Many shops no longer stock cards smaller than 2GB. But the 1GB cards are still available. If you search for them on the web, you'll find many.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Thank you very much for your help.But how come you guys knows so much things about these things.i just have to admire. Well,might as well going to a shop next pay day,and i think i'll get br 600. I live in Madrid,Spain.All musical equipments are a little bit expensive than u.s. I really miss Guitarcenter. Anyway,thanks a lot.Hasta la proxima!

Tony

A friend recently bought his compact flash card (for his BR600) from Amazon.  It wasn't expensive but it took him a while to find it.

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra%C2%AE-High-Speed-CompactFlash%C2%AE-Memory-Card/dp/B00154GQS0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236217708&sr=8-2

guitarron

Quote from: Tony on March 04, 2009, 06:47:53 PMA friend recently bought his compact flash card (for his BR600) from Amazon.  It wasn't expensive but it took him a while to find it.

Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra%C2%AE-High-Speed-CompactFlash%C2%AE-Memory-Card/dp/B00154GQS0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1236217708&sr=8-2

Just bought an extra card the other (ecause they are getting a bit rare)
Micro Center carries PNY 1g CF cards-still a stock item there $13.99

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hewhoiscalledj

I just bought (8) Sansdisk Ultra 1GB SD cards on eBay for $32... You can get just (4) for $16 "buy it now" too. And yeah, they work pretty darn well. I think it's one of the officially approved models too but dont quote me that. I just know that they work.

If i could figure out a good way to label them, i'd be happier.

Oldrottenhead

on the microbr you can use cards higher than 1gb but the micro br will only use 1gb of the card space. ive used generic sd cards up to 4gb in size with no probs.
i used a sandisk ultra 1gb sd card and it wouldnt work
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann