Mrs. Clementine And Her Red Wine

Started by Pharoah246, November 01, 2013, 07:50:23 PM

Pharoah246

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Using external means to mend internal struggles.

EDIT (11/3/13): Thank you all for the feedback. I've decided to remove the song entirely, as it just didn't come out right, nor do I think it's really a decent song. It was sort of rushed, and so I don't really like it. However, I will be replacing it with a song that'll be much, much better, so stay tuned!
Check out my free online EP "An Inside Sunrise" on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/luke-williams-83/sets/demos

Hook

It's a nice tune man but that snare drum got a little distracting to me. It's calling out for a cadence or something a bit more rhythmic but the metronomic snare takes away from your song. Nice picking though!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Yes, nice picking with great voice!! Really melodic stuff! Like it!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Oh I love the song but I think Hook's right - the snare's a bit overpowering (maybe too prominent in the mix). Have you tried a tambourine with your foot while you're performing? (I'd want to hear it on the off (2nd/4th) beat instead of the on (1st/3rd) beat).

She gets by on faith . . . and red wine - fabulous!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Very nice tune. I agree with Haylie and Hook, the drum all the way through distracts from the song a bit imo. It needs to develop or change (ie more bigger drums), or change/morph somehow. I did think that this tune would sound great with a Bodrum - being deeper and more mellow.
Very nice tune though, I enjoyed this lots.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600