there's a needle in the haystack by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 29, 2013, 07:54:13 PM

Oldrottenhead

there's a needle in the haystack
Time:
0:00
Volume:
AltTuningFest (banner image missing)

my inner puppy got the better of me, so knowing the alternative tuning festival was coming up, i tuned my £10 encore acoustic guitar to dadgad. so this wee simple or perhaps profound song happened.

there's a needle in the haystack
w/m
by
oldrottenhead
two encore acoustic tracks and voice
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Minimalistic and nice wee tune! Tuning sounds fresh and "different" as it supposed ;)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Lovely Jim,  a really nice laid back song. Love the title and the tuning really suits your voice. Lovely recording as well, it sounds like you are in the room with me. Which may be a bit scary.....

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

Lovely song James. You can be sure to find the needle when you stop looking and lie down in the hay.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Really enjoyed this one. So natural and direct, and the alternate tuning adds a bit of spice. Great intimate recording too. Can't you even wait a day for the fest to start?!!!! The song's a beauty though :-)

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

maxit

fascinating, mini-poetry-malistic piece, agree with redler. wonderful in its own. I wonder what chords are, can you tell? thanks!
recorder
Audacity

andy casson

Jim you are a master of these minimalistic accoustic/uke songs, fantastic song, the tuning suits tour voice and I loved the chromatic change near the end - great stuff

Andy

Farrell Jackson

This is a good one ORH! The alt tuning strum is so full that it carries the song well. The long delay on your vocal gives the impression of a back up singer there with you. Good vocal and lyric!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?