Seabird - (Mike_S - Original)

Started by Mike_S, October 29, 2013, 02:42:09 PM

Mike_S

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

As I have recently been trying slide guitar i tried to make a song out of some of the sounds I was making. It is a wee bit rough around the edges, but see what you think.

I just removed the original as I have reposted / remixed a bit further down... don't want the damn thing twice on the server.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Facemask93

I liked that a lot mike , not rough at all , didn't really need the swells or whatever the opening part was , to me it didn't fit into the overall theme of the piece , other than that excellent song

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

bruno

Nice tune and use of the slide. Builds up very nicely - excellent overlays of sound, enjoyed this lots.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Some nice slide work there mike,think we are going to hear a lot more slide from you.
It fits in well with this cool track.
Keep up the good work. ;D

funkyaxe

Excellent work Mike. Wonderful use of slide which fits the song perfectly............good stuff here.

TPB

Slide went nice in this piece and sounded good now it time to do some of those nasty blues
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Ha ha - that's what i was thinking too Tim.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Thanks also Facemask93 - i agree the keyboardy bit at the start doesn't work, i am in the process of removing it. I am going to lower the volume of the rhythm guitar about midway through it interferes too much and also adding reverb to the main lead slide guitar all the way through as on reflection i think it attacks the ears a bit too much... but apart from that pretty happy!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

Seabird
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A bit more refined I think...

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hi Mike, listened to both versions and you made a really good job on the second production. I get the slide out now and again but don't really have a guitar set up for it so well done, good job.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Oh yeah Mike this is a great listen! On the second version the slide sits a little better in the mix. Good one!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?