Love will make it better - IanR original

Started by IanR, October 26, 2013, 04:30:13 AM

IanR

01 Track 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi there dear songcrafters,

Here is a a piece of music that I had had kicking around for a while.  I've had a couple of goes trying to record it and this time it has turned out OK.  I've been trying to write some lyrics for it as well but for now, you will have to make do with the guitars providing the melody.

It was recorded on my BR800.  All guitars and synths straight into the input socket.  The guitar is a Strat. Bass is the Strat through the guitar to bass patch. The synth is a Korg Microkorg.  I then transferred all tracks from the BR800 to Sonar and used that to mix and master.  I'm still learning how to use Sonar, so most of the settings for mastering such as EQ, compression and reverb were just the presets that sounded the best.  I used a mastering compression setting when I bounced all the tracks to a single stereo track that has been loaded here.

The song is called Love will make it better.  I find that is generally true.  There is an obvious place in the song where the singer (in the future) might make that point to  his audience.  See if you can pick it.

I hope you like it.

BTW, if anyone wants to do some lyrics, then go right ahead.  My head seems to be dry for moment.  Although I feel some angry thoughts pushing their way to the surface  now that we have an Aussie version of the Tea Party running the Australian Government.  You get the government you deserve??  Then I must have been a total @#$%wit in the past!!!!

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Hilary

This is great Ian - you put it together beautifully. Hopefully someone will give it a go, or maybe you'll get a bit of inspiration. Too good to leave on the shelf.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Cool track. Need some vocals to make is shine :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

kenny mac

Nice track there Ian .
A lot of nice guitars on there and a vocal would really finish it off.
A lot has went into this and hopefully it will get some lyrics and a vocal to compliment it.

phantasm777

likin' the chords and tone on your guitars. has a classic rock era edge to it.

Geir

Really a great feel-good tune here Ian! I love it.

A bit dried out in the lyrics department myself, but I hope someone put's a voice to this.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hi Ian, nice piece well put together and played to perfection, it deserves a good vocal so I hope someone can give you a hand out here.  Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

Good stuff, Ian. I hope someone steps up to the plate on this one - the song deserves it.