She's Lost Her Way

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, October 22, 2013, 10:23:44 AM

She's Lost Her Way
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, a few days ago I bumped into an old aquaintance who I hadn't seen in years. She used to hang with the band and was rather good looking, vivacious and a whole bunch of fun. Unfortunately she developed a habit and chemicals became a way of life where she would do most anything for a fix. Anyway she tried to reform (she said) but the ravages of the life style did her looks no favour and in the end she just seemed to lose it and wandered off. I'm obviously not as captivating as I was 40 years ago. This chance meeting gave me an idea for a song and although done quickly I hope you like. Just for a change I used the Strat for everything on this apart from the bass. Roscoe

Well she got no heart
She sold it long ago
Sold it for dreams
That are gone

She got no memory
To remember me
Just a picture
Cracked and torn

She had a lovely smile
That lit my day
But that was then
Now she's lost her way

She's Lost her way, she's lost her way
She's Lost her way, she's lost her way

She has no hope
It's sad I know
She had a life
And gave it away

Inst, Bridge, verse 1, verse 4, outro.
/lyrics]
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gritter

I really like the lyrics and the real life inspiration...some very sad stories all around out there. The music is gripping but also very danceable. Great guitar work too...It's got grit. I can dig it.

Jarle

A sad story told with passion.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Like the feeling and emotion coming across. It does have that melancholy feel... loving that sprinkling of lead playing throughout. A real story teller type feel to it.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

An absorbing and foot-tapping tale. Really enjoyed the listen, and the two solos are monster. Great work!

Hilary

A great song Roscoe, with added weight when you know it's inspired by true events.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Inspiration is everywhere my brother, sometimes that's rather sad but you've turned it into a gem my brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Stunning song, Roscoe! Top notch quality on each way! I'm hearing a slight Lee Hazlewood vibe on this! Nice job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Great song and a really poignant back story. The lyrics are sharp as an arrow for the story, very well done. It all sounds really well put together but I especially liked the guitar solos, very melodic and mournful. Another excellent one!

Kenny B

Excellent tune and Great guitars as usual.  DIG IT!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR