Started by kenny mac, October 19, 2013, 02:21:21 PM

kenny mac

FOREVER
Time:
0:00
Volume:
HI DUDES,
               I love pianos.
Even as a young boy there was something exciting about hitting the keys on an upright piano in school and feeling the full thing chime to life.
So as soon a  I got the money together I bought .......a GUITAR lol ;D
Couldn't afford the piano and stayed in a tenement in Glasgow so that was that.
Later at around 19 I bought an old electric one at taught myself by playing to records.
My main instrument was the guitar so I never got to the stage I wanted to but still love the sound.
This song is for my wife and it started with me playing it straight from the piano then after it was written I added the rest.
Hope you guys like it.

Oldrottenhead

ya big saftie ye!   ;D ;D i hope yer good lady likes it as much as i do. brawtastic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

andy casson

Yep, you're a big softie! Restrained vocal suits the song perfectly, and some cool keys... I am impressed Kenny! Hopefully your good lady will love it and appreciate it a bit more than mine usally does!

Andy

Hilary

Wow - that's a really simple song structure and you've done such a lot with it (and nice use of your formidable falsetto).

Awwww what a sweetie x
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Always wished I'd learned the piano when I was young - we had an upright when I was a kid (bought for £10 - but we 'carried' it home (pushed it along the street on a trolly I think) - across quite a few streets in North London, and it still is in my mum's house today. My grandma had a huge house with a proper grand piano in the living room. I remember staying with her during school holidays, there was nothing to do bar play the piano, all I did was to play the piano and write tunes for days on end - magic.

Great track Kenny, nicely orchestrated and nice playing, great Vox.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

This has a real timeless feel to it, I totally dig. The piano is really sweet, I tinker on my upright some but feel really week in the ability department(& it needs a tuning something serious ::)). Love the way you produced this up , fine work my brother!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SwanSong

What a wonderful song  . very nice delivery , great production
vocals and music .top notch . congrats cheers Neil

chunk

I know what you mean about Glasgow tenements. I started off with guitar but got a drum kit when I was 17 and was forced to sell it after 3 month. I really wanted to be a drummer. Something to hide behind.
 Sounds great Kenny. Very pro sounding.

Greeny

Oh my, Kenny. This is outstanding. Your arrangement is stunning: everything's so well placed and defined, and the whole performance is amazing. If this is what you can do with a piano, let's have some more! It sounds like an absolute classic. Your vocal is reminding me of something from the 80's, but I can't quite place it. A bit like 'Brillant Mind' by Furniture, but it's not that. Anyway, doesn't matter - this is SO good my friend.

Greeny