'Crow's Nest' Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, October 14, 2013, 02:52:49 AM

Farrell Jackson

As much as I like the song and production Greeny, the star for me is the poetic lyric. You create the provocative images in a very tasteful way. To do that is a real skill!

Farrell 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

andy casson

Bloody briilant Tim! Another masterclass in lyrics, arrangement, vocals, superb in my book! You have such a wonderful sound, and shed loads of talent!!! I didn't notiice an double entendres...are there any?

loved it
Andy

ODH

With the regular drumbeat of the Greeny Monday, it would be easy to overlook how stellar this is.

What I'd like to know is did this particular song exist in any form last Monday when you posted the Folklore song?  Was it conceived, created and realised in those short seven days?  Or do you have any number in the works at one time, in some sort of musical holding pattern, like 747's landing at Heathrow?

Original songs in my world / head take months to mature to the point where I'd record and share them.

In either scenario your creativity and skill is mightily impressive, Tim.

Do they still have 747's?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Greeny

Quote from: Nick_ODH on October 15, 2013, 10:40:34 AMWhat I'd like to know is did this particular song exist in any form last Monday when you posted the Folklore song?  Was it conceived, created and realised in those short seven days?  Or do you have any number in the works at one time, in some sort of musical holding pattern, like 747's landing at Heathrow?

This one just arrived last Thursday night. I managed to write the chords and lyrics in under an hour, and wrote them down before I forgot. I then fell asleep thinking about flutes, cellos and accordions! I recorded it in about 90 minutes whilst waiting for a plumber the following morning. 

I generally have at least 2 songs on the go at any one time. I find that I HAVE to get them finished and recorded before I can move onto something else, otherwise they gnaw away at me. So yes... it's kind of like a continual holding pattern of planes that I try to land one by one - and safely!

There's a folk theme running through these latest ones, so lyrically, they spark off one another and inspire other songs. I've started to like having a little 'world' to wrap each album up in.

I'm only posting around a third - maybe less - of what I record at the moment. My 'Monday' songs are always the ones I'm happiest with though.

Greeny

Quote from: andy casson on October 15, 2013, 09:41:02 AMI didn't notiice an double entendres...are there any?

'As I nail you to the mast' .... ;-)

andy casson

Not sure if I should say "hmmm", or "doh!", great insight into how you write though, I've had a few on the go at the same time recently( had the time, which is not the norm), and know what you mean about ideas & lyrics sparking for one song against another, off to nail. The wife to the mast (after football.... In my dreams...she will be in the land of Nod long before then)

TPB

Folky or not love the lyric content and really like how the bass is carrying the song, Well crafted
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

You know it's funny, I keep waiting for people I admire so much to stumble, not fall, they would never do that, but they never do. Most of us get 50%-75% almost there but you seem able to achieve it every time. They/you produce numbers that just blow me away. This is no exception. Brilliant. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800