Goodbye For Now A Tribute To Luke Crossley

Started by The Thinking Room, October 09, 2013, 03:57:59 PM

The Thinking Room

goodbye for now
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a song I wrote in memory of a good of mine and fellow musician (Luke Crossley) who lost his battle with cancer on the 2nd of October at the young age of 33, leaving behind a wife and 2 young children. He was my jamming partner and is sadly missed so I wrote this for him. Sadly I couldnt sing it because I kept chocking up and crying and another good freind of mine called Martin Maclean offered to sing it for me and that is who is singing on this track. I did a video for it which is on youtube under the same title using photos from his facebook profile. This is not a cheerful song I will admit but I would like to share it.

SwanSong

Very touching write up and dedication . I lost my son at 21 to cancer so
I know how it feel.s wonderful singing by your friend. and a fine production.
great song. and im sure he would b proud of this. wish u the best Neil.!

Hilary

Oh you've done a great job with this Mark (and Martin) - what a lovely tribute to Luke. I'm sorry for your loss.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Redler

Very moving song. What a great tribute both on lyrically and musically! I'm sorry for your loss, too.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SteveB

Elegiac, gut-wrenching, beautiful. Luke lives on in this.  8)
Lost a brother at 22, and jamming-partner George, also 33, who left wife and 8 months-old twins behind.
Let them All live on in music and memory.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

I'm sorry for your loss Mark !

This is a really touching and a fine tribute to your friend. A great song that expresses the feeling of sorrow and loss beautifully.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Thinking Room

Thanks everyone for your kind words, they played this song at his funeral which was overwhelming.

Ferryman_1957

Just heard this, there can be no better way to create a tribute for a friend than something like this. It's a beautiful song and while not cheerful I found the intent and the lyrics quite uplifting and touching. Thanks for sharing.

TPB

A very fitting tribute I hope it gave some comfort to you and the family
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away