Cover my back (Andy casson and kenny mac)

Started by kenny mac, October 04, 2013, 03:37:44 AM

kenny mac

cover my back 3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Andy sent me this song as he had basically hit a brick wall with it and was going to stick it it on the shelve.
For some reason it came out as a war song with me,dont know if it was the sombre cello,s etc but the music told me a story.
I wrote the lyrics ,sang it and put some backing vocals on it and added some artillery effects and  a lead guitar at the end .
 The rest is Andy.
The song tells the story of an older soldier realising the guy next to him is just a kid (as he puts it) and to him the boys life is just starting out.
They are hemmed in and he decides to run over the trench  and deflect the fire and try and get the boy out of there.
so he tell the boy to cover his back as he runs into the fight.
My first collab with Andy and hopefully not the last.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Two mega-talents collide! A beautifully-realised piece of work that is perfectly balanced and performed. Outstanding lyrical imagery, and lots of dramatic variation in the way the song rises and falls. The 'left right' part before all hell breaks loose is immense.

Songcrafting of the highest order!

thetworegs

Brilliant i think you had Andys back covered on this one saving it from the shelf a grat collab lets hope theres more....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Gu Djin

Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Redler

This epic, gents! Loved the minimalistic start! Excellent arrangement and songwriting! Solo at 4:25 is icing on the cake! Looking forward to hear more collabs from the dynamic duo! Wow!!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Quote from: Greeny on October 04, 2013, 04:31:48 AMThe 'left right' part before all hell breaks loose is immense.

Glad you picked up on that greeny,it was a part in the song that I was trying to get out the anguish of the guy going over and into the fight.
Thanks to all for the comments

SwanSong

HI kENNy surely agree with comment.s very effective sound effects. and
great dynamics to the entire song. vocals were sung with superb presence
modulation and breath control . a fine piece of music 2 thumbs up wish
u the best Neil .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SE

Epic production two songcrafters collide into a terrific song, magic!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

andy casson

What can I say, except a huge thank you to Kenny for rescuing a track that was almost bound for PC oblivion & doing something so brilliant with it! So glad I fired it over and you had the vision I didn't - I am astounded by the vocals, I loved the left/right', and the solo and ensuing battle chaos in the coda is pure class - I love it! Thanks fella

Andy