I Heard Ramona Sing - Burtog covers Frank Black

Started by Burtog, October 02, 2013, 03:38:15 PM

Burtog

ramona2_0708_08
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

This is a cover suggested by Cuthbert, started it weeks ago and only just managed to get back to it to finish it.
I recently broke my sennheiser headphones and struggled to get a mix with the cheapo headphones, so if it sounds odd let me know, I might have another go at the mix.

The song was written as a tribute to The Ramones.

I Heard Ramona Sing
Frank Black
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

at the pub doing the quiz can't wait to
r hear this one
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Always a treat to hear one of your covers Gaz, guaranteed class. You've got so many colours to your voice, it's something not many people and do.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Greeny

I don't know the original, but I can tell this is sheer quality all the way. Absolute perfection on the arrangement and mix to my ears. And every part is brilliantly performed. Classy as hell. Amazing stuff!

Oldrottenhead

wow! absolute perfection bruno, one of my all time fave songs, played to perfection. brilliant.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gnasty

I don`t know it but i like it. Awesome guitar sounds there and the vocals are class! I agree, perfect mix too

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 03, 2013, 05:20:47 AMwow! absolute perfection bruno

You still at the pub drinking? Get tae ur bed!  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

fmgwabp...such sterling performance and production, Burtog! You absolutely nailed the guitar sound, the synths, the vocals - the works! I listened first on my iPhone and now my laptop, and the mix sounds very well-balanced. Going to hit it with the good cans next.

Somehow, I just knew you would hit this one out of the park!  :)

Quote from: Burtog on October 02, 2013, 03:38:15 PMThe song was written as a tribute to The Ramones.

I knew that at the time too, but I also think of it as Frank Black's fond farewell to The Pixies. It sounds like it could have come right off of Trompe Le Monde, and in my opinion, The Pixies from Surfer Rosa to there could do no wrong.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gritter

WOW you nailed it! ...amazing cover dude! love it. Aces all the way. Take a bow!