Lovers Storm by Kenny Mac (for BassFest)

Started by kenny mac, September 30, 2013, 02:38:49 PM

kenny mac

LOVERS STORM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BassFest (banner image missing)

I realised I hadn't done anything for bass fest so I wrote and recorded this tonight.
It has 3 basses on it and I sang some long notes with echo for to create an ambience around it.
I then put on two vocals and drums.
I have a bit of catching up to do with things as I've been out the loop so hope you guys like it.
                                                                                              kenny

Gu Djin

Walker Bros.  Well something like anyway.  Grreat sound.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

bruno

Love the sparseness of this, its very 80's sounding, quite U2 and bit GUN (who I love - a great Glasgow band).
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chunk

Excellent stuff Kenny. I'm getting a slight Walker Bros vibe on the low vocal also. Great atmospherics

andy casson

NIce one Kenny, great Simple Minds feel to this IMHO, fab vox young man, you have a great voice and suit this genre down to the ground! I loved the way you padded out the sound with random vox... all in all superb

Andy

kenny mac

Cheers guys,I'm always amazed by the different takes every one has on a song and I always listen back to the song and see if I can hear the same.
I get the  walker bros thing when I listen back and the U2 thing also.
That's what I love about this site,the amount of different inputs and views of any song.
                                                   Thanks.     Kenny

Greeny

Yep... Walker brothers! And U2! And Roy Orbison! And Kenny Mac! This is great, Kenny. Those ethereal backing vox really help fill the sound out. But it's the brilliant vocal melodies that got me. It's bloody inspired! So good.

kenny mac

Cheers greeny,I might eventually add some guitars and keyboards to this later.

Jarle

Quote from: kenny mac on October 01, 2013, 11:08:46 AMCheers greeny,I might eventually add some guitars and keyboards to this later.

You have a great voice. The melody is really good and i love the sparse arrangement, it would be fun to hear what you can do with it adding some more instruments. It doesn't need any but it would be fun :)
recorder
Boss BR-800

SwanSong

Now this is superb .songwriting. at it s best. simple in its entirety but
yet very powerful sound and great dynamic. congrats . wish u the best
Neil.