Normet 2013 Let It Flow recorded live in the hut

Started by Oldrottenhead, September 29, 2013, 11:14:59 AM

Oldrottenhead

NorMET 2013 - Let it flow
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Norway2013 (banner image missing)

this song is dedicated to Robert, hope you can make it next time.

details to follow.

Lost to the world
Alone on the road
Traffic has stopped
And I don't know where to go
At the mercy of fate
They're closing the gate
Like a stone in the stream
Let the water flow
Over me
Let the water flow
All around
Wherever I may go
Let it take me
Release me release me
From the flow
Caught in a web
Hey I'm All tangled up
Ain't no way out
And no one gonna help
I can't play with these cards
That I have been dealt
Like a fish in a pond
Let the water flow etc
Let It Flow
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

First great song and sentiment, and loved your vocal Jim, what else can you do but let it flow over you at least shit always slides down hill. The father in law has a great term for a bad day when it all goes wrong, he calls it an interesting day, I on the otherhand call it a B€\#^ rd of a day of which im sure Rob had on Friday ...so wether it was interesting or a B€\#^rd my heart goes out to you Rob, but there's always next time.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Redler

Brilliant! Loved the guitars, they sound great! And Jim's voice...stunning! Perhaps, this song doesn't exist without the car accidents on motorway... For next time, Rob...
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

There was a crash on the M25, and then a crash and oil spillage on the M11 - Rob had too much to fight against. He made it to the gate just as it had closed. It was distressing.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Cool song. Very catchy chorus. Is that the melodica at 1:30? Sounds good.

It's too bad Rob didn't make it. I hope there will be another opportunity for him to join you guys in the future.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Oldrottenhead

yeah it was melodica, singing and then switching to melodica then back to vocals live was certainly a challenge.

and yeah rob hopefully next time.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

i can't recall who did what on this one tho i am pretty sure geir came up with the tune, then tim came up with the line "like a stone in a stream let the water flow" and spoke about some whacked out buddhist saying, that was enough info for me, that and thinking about the nightmare Robert went through. i then came up with the rest of the lyrics for  the song pretty quickly after tim's input.

if any of the guys remember who did what let me know and i'll update the info.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

I'm so sorry about Rob, but so far I think this could be my favourite. Roscoe
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gu Djin

Sounds good to me.  Has soul/feeling that is often hard to portray.  Good stuff.

I am not sure why but this brought to mind the feeling that a favourite of mine used to inspire.  Maybe I am too old for you to remember them?  "The Yardbirds".  Not the same as - just a reminiscence.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann