Street 9 - logic pro x - orig

Started by Gu Djin, September 24, 2013, 01:01:20 PM

Gu Djin

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Firstly  Thanks to Thanks to Redler, Ferryman, and Geir for welcoming me back to the fold.  And to ORH.  Cheers for the kind comments for my "tune". :)

Been struggling with time and computer( need something a bit more modern to work with Logic Pro without stuttering.  Soon I hope.  But here is a  "Lucky Find"  and I can say that about this place and it's members.  You are a pretty cool lot (gives away my age). ;D

Anyway a further progression of my learning process with the Daw and my new Strat  (Tele is sulking a bit) - but I do enjoy the difference between them  - and my old Guild Starfire.  

Lacks bass - but overall (there are a few fluffs)  I am quite pleased with the outcome.

All the best to all.

Leigh

"Lucky Find", from Street 9, by the Trent Valley Blues Band.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Gu Djin

Street 9
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Bums I loaded the wrong tune - now I can't get it back on line
New computer here I come.
Keeps running out of memory at the wrong moment

Looks like the original version is not recoverable  So I shall rerecord.

In the meantime here is an intermission impro.  Street 9.  From the same series/idea and the name of the collection

Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Gu Djin

oh well - when I get sorted you can hear what I meant to post.

Sorry Leigh

Johnbee

Hey, ya old dude!  Great to see you in the music flow again on here and elsewhere.  Where is this new tune?  Anxious to hear it!

:) ;) John B.

Ferryman_1957

Hey where is it? Been away for a week and you were the first post I checked out and.......nothing!

Greeny

Quote from: Gu Djin on September 24, 2013, 01:01:20 PMLacks bass

You can say that again!!!!!

Hope to hear it soon (before we get another 'Autumn Song' on our hands!!!!)

Gu Djin

Thanks John Nige and Greeny.  Sad to say I cannot recover the original - so I am am going for a re record.  Maybe not a bad thing.  But to maintain the integrity of the thread - Here is street 9 - to be found on the second post.

andy casson

Wow Leigh, I know it's not what you wanted to post but I really enjoyed this! Loved the groove, the ambience, the way the arrangement was not overloaded...fantastic!

Andy

Greeny

A very nice mood piece. Sounds quite cinematic to me. Walking through the narrow streets of early morning Paris or something. Lovely tone on the guitar, and the swing beat and reverbed keys are really atmospheric. Like it a lot!

Gu Djin

Chers Andy and Greeny -I do not normally post improv's - Normal posts of mine are the more contrived  err!  I mean composed!  Lol

See you soon

Am on hols in Anglesy at the moment so visits on line are a bit sporadic - less exciting than Norway I guess

Regards Leigh