Gnasty BassFest Original - War Machine

Started by Gnasty, September 23, 2013, 04:06:37 PM

Gnasty

Gnasty - War Machine
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BassFest (banner image missing)

I know this isn`t everyones cup of tea kinda music but when i saw that it was Bassfest, i wanted to do it, so i wanted to do a song on the Bass-is of war but it`s not Bassed on a true story or maybe it is. War is ugly so i wanted to write an ugly song i guess.  Even though i`m against war, i`m infatuated with it. I love all the war movies and miniseries.

I did the drums and bass on the dr.880. I found a good Bass patch and tweeked and saved it. It made my crappy Bass sound pretty good. I just added effects on a couple lead tracks. I did the vocals in the br-80 and added some sund effects if that`s allowed. I had to shrink it to 192k to post.

I hope you all like it!

War Machine
Lyrics & Music - E.Gnass
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Flash Harry

wow that's some bass playing - who needs a guitar eh?

I'm right there with you for this one. Great vocal - so good that you don't notice this is just drum bass and vocal.

Excellent!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Glenn Mitchell

I agree. cool bass line. I have a DR880 as well. I would never have thought of this tho.
Just bass and drums makes everything really clear and separated.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

bazz-t-bass

Very original thinking evident on this track. Totally outside my comfort zone............ But great stuff

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

henwrench

Totally ace! Great vocals, fantastic sound...Love Missile!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

andy casson

Blimey Eric this is quite brilliant! Wonderful bass work..staggeringly good fella! The patches are fab, great use of effects and your vox are spot on...but did I mention how great the bass is?

Andy

Greeny

Man, your fingers are flying. Brilliant and high precision playing. You've got a very full & lush soundscape here, and the song is a beauty. Incredibly inventive, and I can hear the work that must have gone into this. Excellent.

Oldrottenhead

FMGWABP get outta here. totally basstastic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

This is fan-gnastic or to borrow a word from hook...bass-alicious. Your fingers are flying off the neck and the drum programming is exciting! Well done Gnasty!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?