Begging your pardon

Started by Glenn Mitchell, September 22, 2013, 09:47:07 PM

Hook

Wow!!! Beautiful playing, excellent song! Good to hear one from you Glenn!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

my pc died on me so playing catch up when i can. glenn you just knocked the ball out of the park. fabulous imho your best song to date. stunning. getting a willie nelson vibe like he is singing a song written for him by john prine. top drawer singing playing and writing.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Glenn Mitchell

Too kind OHR. I appreciate it. I hope I can repay you for your contributions one day.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Mike_S

Fantastic work. Don't really know what to say as the song is so good, delicate and beautifully arranged that I don't want to come across as a casual internet listener as can sometimes happen... song is brilliant, perfect choice of accompaniment, just the acoustic guitar. Loved it!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on September 25, 2013, 08:38:26 AMToo kind OHR. I appreciate it. I hope I can repay you for your contributions one day.
if you are ever in bonny scotland my door is always open to you, bring cognac.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Glenn Mitchell

I love cognac. I just might do that. it would be a blast
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

Glenn Mitchell

Thanks Mike. It feels good to have done something folks like.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

hooper

Ahh... the return of the run away  :D

Great to hear your vocal and guitar without so much cover-up.  You've got a unique and distinctive sound, instantly identifiable.  This sounds so good!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Glenn Mitchell

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

AndyR

WOOF!

This is a superb listen.

I only have quarter of hour or so, so I thought I'd listen to the first minute or so of a coupla tracks...

You've BLOWN that plan Glenn - completely blown it!
I'm on listen number 2 of this instead :D

It's just "there". You're probably thinking "is the balance OK? Is there too much or too little reverb? Have I managed to hide enough of what I don't like about my voice? OK... s'pose I'm half-way happy this time"

- all the same questions we're all asking ourselves on our stuff...

But, with this - stop worrying about this one - it's "there", the performance is captured. Mebbe not quite like you were imagining, but it's there coming out of our speakers...

Love the vocals. The lead is excellent, and the backing vox are sublime - they enhance the emotion in the lead. And the guitars are really sweet. Plenty of interest for the pluckers who are listening, there's loads in there, but I can not hear a single "uh-oh guitarist showing off without hearing the song". Really tasty and tasteful.

Greeny says Dr Hook up the top - I only vaguely remember them from when they were in the charts, so I'm not sure.

What it makes me feel like is how some of Willie Nelson's bare recordings do...

LOVE IT.

(3 listens on the bounce... time's up now, sorry everyone else, Glenn hogged it :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1