Knocking everything down (video with old rottenhead and kenny mac)

Started by kenny mac, September 21, 2013, 08:30:00 PM

kenny mac

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

The  story goes like this...jim posted this song which was basically a sonic hum with a lead vocal,very atmospheric and clever.
It got me thinking it cold be much more and after permission from jim I added a few instruments ,guitars (gun effect)etc and put on a harmony vocal.
I always had this storyline in my head the guy was a schizophrenic hit man and his alter ego came out in his head wearing black and dark glasses.
I told jim to send me a video of him having a shave and I would take it from there.
Being a film buff I created the storyline ,filmed the video in Glasgow and Tenerife and knitted it together using a few black and white filters,mirror effects etc and came up with this.
All credit to jim ,he eventually sent a video of him shaving and acted a good part.
He knows me well enough by now to know Ive got something up my sleeve .
Hope you guys like it.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=JeS9C7I007o
                                 Kenny.

Redler

Wow!!! Brilliant tune!! And the video is just amazing! Excellent job on both department!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Oh this is just fab - the song and the vid - well done gents!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

andy casson

Good grief this is right up my street! Superb guys! Best song I have heard in a long time, and loved the video, it drips with menace, simple concepts carried over brilliantly - hats off guys

excellent!
andy

thetworegs

Excellent song and brill video...you look a natural to the camera Jim..I'm sure Jims looking younger after his shave .... I think he's cut and smoothed the wrinkles of nicely...who needs Plastic surgery just get shaved by Jim ;D but seriously a cracking song and video Bravo to both of you ....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

been struggling to get online lately, pc has died and work and life taking up lots of my time. this is my 1st chance to get online properly for a few days. so when i saw the title i had to look, video was done ages ago, i now have a wee beard (midlife crisis methinks).

hats off to you kenny, fab video and it also looks like you spend more cash on your holiday locations than i do. you should apply to the scottish film council for a grant. you could be the new scottish hitchcock/scorcese/lynch. braw tell yer maw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

I remember loving the original & the additions are excellent. Cool video also...
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Cheers guys, jim did send  his part a while back and I was waiting for the right location to add to it so the next vid will feature his newly formed goatie . ;D

Gnasty

Freaking awesome song and vid! I really enjoyed it. Humerous and creative. My kind of personality. I love it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800