Both Sides Of The World

Started by henwrench, September 16, 2013, 06:30:55 AM

henwrench

Quote from: Roscoe on September 17, 2013, 02:24:50 AMGetting an Oldfield vibe with this.....

It's no secret I'm a big Oldfield fan. Thanks Dad!!

The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

A song with drums, a vocal and six bass tracks?  Madness. But it actually works.

Well done that birthday celebrant.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Farrell Jackson

Excellently done henwrench! To get that many (6) basses to blend and work together yet stand apart is no easy feat but you did it well. Each with it's own pattern and melody makes this song sound like it has more instruments in it than just basses. The added vocal rounds it out into a good listen!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Gritter

love it...wickedly conceived and played. You slappin da bass mon.

Mike_S

Very good... enjoyed that. Beautiful what you can do with just the Bass (lovely melody too). Very cool!!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman_1957

Loving this Henny. Very nicely recorded basses, and very clever layers of sound with good use of the drum patterns as always. I like the fast picking/plucking/whatever that starts about 1:25. Great groove and really good use of the bass for melody, just the way I like to hear my bass! Great job.

dasilvasings

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

Hypnotic in a very bass way.  Cool

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X