20 Dollar Blues........

Started by The Reverend 48, February 27, 2009, 09:23:15 AM

The Reverend 48

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I am always looking on ebay for a bargain and found a listing for "Stratocaster for beginner good condition" with no pic and no more discription it was listed for £10...so I bid and won it and it arrived this morning....As soon as I opened the box my jaw fell open the guitar is an immaculate beautiful sunburst (proper wood) with great action, rosewood neck and staggered pole pick ups...I keep looking at my $20 guitar and then at my 89' Fender Strat Plus and still can't believe it
So here it is straight out of the box ( same strings and it was in tune)
BTW I keep looking round thinking somebody is filming me for a joke! ;D ::)
BTW this is the same backer as jerome has just posted
what do you think?

Greeny

Quote from: forte8 on February 27, 2009, 09:23:15 AMI am always looking on ebay for a bargain and found a listing for "Stratocaster for beginner good condition" with no pic and no more discription it was listed for £10...so I bid and won it and it arrived this morning....As soon as I opened the box my jaw fell open the guitar is an immaculate beautiful sunburst (proper wood) with great action, rosewood neck and staggered pole pick ups...I keep looking at my $20 guitar and then at my 89' Fender Strat Plus and still can't believe it
So here it is straight out of the box ( same strings and it was in tune)
BTW I keep looking round thinking somebody is filming me for a joke! ;D ::)

That's incredible. At that price it was more than worth a bit of a gamble. You really hit the jackpot there! It's not stolen property is it???  :D

And even if it is, who cares! It belongs to you now. Gonna listen to how it sounds...

Greeny

Oh yeah! You've wrung some really sweet tones out of your bargain axe. Just goes to show - it's more about the skill of the playing than the price of the guitar!

tafka

wow Mike got a bargain there.
put it to great use too. great playing.cracking tone.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

Yes sir that is perfect sounding strat blues.  It sounds like updown blues, very classy.  Great bends.  You are feeling those notes.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Take a picture, post it.

Lucky lucky man

And it sounds like it arrived with the pick of destiny.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

jerome11

Hi, forte.

Great playing and incredible sound considering the price, itself.

I much enjoyed your playing and get inspiration again.

B.G.

BossMicroBRew

I think you just found the only ebay deal in the past 5 years. Congratulations!!  :D You matched the style perfectly. Nice licks.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Wiley

Incredible sound!  Glad YOU found the deal and not someone else.

Wraith

I still can´t decide what´s better: the song or the bargain... heheh

Congratulations on both of them!!