"When I'm Cleaning Windows" Hook covers George Formby(suggested by 64guitars)

Started by Hook, August 29, 2013, 01:53:55 PM

Hook

When I'm Cleaning Windows
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

Sneaking this one in with 2 days to spare (unless the extension goes through   :() that completes my current suggestions I believe. 64 thanks for this suggestion, I totally love learning songs from the 20's, 30's & 40's...probably my favorite musical decades. This was really fun to learn and I'm glad I can add it to my cover list!!!
The videos that 64 posted was in C but the link for chords he gave was in F so I went F to keep the vocal a bit relaxed. This tune came from the movie "Keep Your Seats Please" in 1936,gonna have to find it now!!

LITLR, sony stereo mi

When I'm Cleaning Windows
written by  Fred Cliff, Harry Gifford and Formby
performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Wow. This fits you like a glove.

Perfect!

Being spoiled with the FL MET videos, I really would like to see this too ;)

Well done mr. H
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Awesome! I don't imagine this is any easy one to sing. Lots of words rattled off at a fast pace with no breaks to catch your breath or swallow. But you pulled it off brilliantly. Well done. If SuggestFest wins the poll again, I think I'll suggest that you cover "Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me)". ;D

Quote from: Hook on August 29, 2013, 01:53:55 PM64 thanks for this suggestion, I totally love learning songs from the 20's, 30's & 40's...probably my favorite musical decades.

Me too! I didn't like it much when I was younger but I really got into it in the last 20 years or so. I've bought lots of CDs from those decades and inherited a lot on vinyl too. I think we should have a 20sFest, a 30sFest, and a 40sFest.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Redler

Awesome version of the classic! And this is not an easy song, but perfromed it really well!! Love it!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Hook,this is outstanding,your uke playing is top notch and your spin on this song is marvellous .
Well done. As we say in Scotland Brawwwwwww.

henwrench

Stunner...the Formby stuff is incredibly hard to do. Well done!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Well done hook with this mouthful of lyrics! It suits your style perfectly and you've pulled it off with class. Nice!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

Great cover Hook! I was born and still live in Wigan UK which was Formby's birthplace.  Grew up watching re-runs of his films in the 60's and 70's so the song is very familiar to me. Well done!
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800