Chrome-Dragon Song #3

Started by dragonshade, February 26, 2009, 12:34:20 AM

Greeny

John Carpenter should be using this for Halloween XII (or whatever number he's up to now, lol...). Really atmospheric stuff, and expertly constructed. I can't tell you which one is best though...  :)

The Reverend 48

version 1 is pretty dam good but I much prefer version 2 it seems to have a lot more depth...keep us posted how this develops 8)

tafka

Brilliant.
i'm a big J.C. fan and this would fit perfect in one of his films.
say...In The Mouth Of Madness.
once again Brilliant

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

This is grand symphony for sure.  Really great, well constructed piece.  This is solid, it is built really well from the ground up.  I like #2 IMHO as I find it is more substantial sounding and holds my attention even tighter than #1. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

I don't think that either is the better or worse. It's goot to be melded with a vocal and how you lay that down will change the mix and the arrangement you have.

As a track for demo either will do. I prefer the second, it's less congested and 'in your face I think' but that is a personal opinion. I've been wrong before, ask my wife.....

As to lyrical style, this is so flexible. I can hear a heavy rap and a lot of yo! yo! but it's been done and done to death, I can also hear a melodic dirty femail voice (im not talking smutty but edgy, cigarette graveled voice, check out the Detroit Cobra's) with years of abuse from life, men, everything, kicking out some truths.

This is a hell of a track. Don't waste it.  If only I was a record producer.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

RevHeadRaZ

Great stuff mate!!!
Very professional sound you have with this one dude :o
I think mix #2 is best, simply because the synth lines stick out more..
Insane Clown Posse style vocal would suit this.....
Keep em comin.
Keep it Phat 'n' Tasty

dragonshade

Wow... thank you all for your input. The general feelings are for number #2, and I agree. I tend to put too much guitar through I think, but hey I am a guitarist after all  :P.

Nigel... lol, ya never know. I'm gonna be pm-ing you about this album you are working on.

Tim... Thanks for the kind words, I respect you so much as a song writter glad you like it.

Mike... Thanks for the input buddy.

Tony... Another I respect so very much, thanks for the support.

Blues... Ditto, (damn you guys really made both Chrome and myself smile big-time). What a support group.

Harry... Yes, true. I guess it all depends on how it is developed from here. The vocals... we discussed some this weekend, and we both agree we have no idea lol. I think our music could carry itself without vocals, but I would not rule out the dimesion that could be gained also. Guess it depends if we happen on a vocalist/rapper that fits.... OR if a producer (yes, Harry I wish you were  :D) wants to go one way or another.

Raz.... Hey man, good to see you. I'll check into that CP vocals you mentioned. Thanks!

OsCKilO

This newbie is catching up with BR past again........

This Hip hop/Metal combo was great!

There was talk of more being done to it......(Vocals/Rap)

Has it been progressed yet!?

I can't find anything on the posts. Keen to hear what has happened to it.....

Stands alone as it was though, regardless! 8)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

dragonshade

Well... how cool to see this post again. Hey thanks osckilo  :)

There have been more songs done.... 8 total and all posted here (though #2 was never finished entirely). I'm nearly finished #9, but recently have taken a break to work on a little theory, and also do a couple covers. I wanted a change of pace for a bit. The covers are taking me back to my youth and love of 80's metal. Kody was kind enough to agree to sing on the first one (which he and I are working on now ~ Judas Priest ~ likely my biggest influence, LOVE that British metal ;D), and I'm hoping he may try the second also (different band, I'll let that one be a surprise). After they are done I'm jumping back on the ChromeDragon songs.

As for vocals on this and others... we have pretty much decided to go with singing instead of rap. We have searched for the right singer/lyricist for months, even putting ads on Myspace. I have gotten quite a few responses(from Reggae to R&B), but no fit yet. The songs are very demanding in how they are constructed (not easy to write proper lyrics for because of their somewhat non-traditional structure). I have a couple possibles including a Goth female vocalist into symphonic metal, don't know how that may work out though. I think about 1/3 to 1/2 of our songs will remain instrumentals either way.

Thanks for the comments and interest.

Ray

launched

This is very intense and unique music - can put you in the zone very quickly. Get that JP out ASAP!!! If I wear out my finger hitting the F5 key it'll be your fault  ;D ;D

Catch you on the flip,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover