Chrome-Dragon Song #3

Started by dragonshade, February 26, 2009, 12:34:20 AM

dragonshade

Chrome3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi everyone.

Still haven't finished the last one, but this was just screaming to be made once I heard this track from Chrome. A little more will be added (got a couple things in mind), but overall this is mainly done.

The drums/synth is another Chrome original, all guitars written, and recorded tonight (he has yet to hear this one).

I'm digging this as much or more than any of the others. It's in B and I worked in a B power chord throughout that rings very heavy (similiar to our first song), and it really has a big sound towards the end.... I think I had 5 guitars in the different parts of the harmony.

Anyone new to our music... it is "club/heavy-metal" hybrid, repetitive, yet melodic, always heavy on guitar harmonies  ;)

Hope you like.

Ray

Ferryman_1957

I really like this style! I like the weird bits on the backing track that give it an eerie edge. Nice work, enjoying this.

Regards,

Nigel

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

It sounds like the music from a slasher movie.
I like it. The guitar work is great, but it is the other little bits that
really bring this piece into the light...
LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

SE

Best to date can see this going down well in a metal club, very heavy and repetetive just what the metal heads will love
recorder
Boss BR-80

Flash Harry

I think that this sounds really contemporary. There is a singer waiting for this track. I think it could be massive.

I'm a fan.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

godinqc

I really like the hiphop/heavy-dark guitar lick combo ..
Very good ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

BossMicroBRew

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 26, 2009, 03:56:08 PMI think that this sounds really contemporary. There is a singer waiting for this track. I think it could be massive.

No kidding. This could get interesting with the right vox. Nice one guys.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

dragonshade

CHROME3REMIX
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thank you all for the responses, and positive reviews. As fellow musicians here you all know how much it does to re-affirm, and motivate. I start playing, listening, and working with/through one of these songs, and as things start to "flow" I get chills. I listen to it near done, and am amazed at the song that has emerged from nothingness.... BUT still to hear positive reactions like this, really makes me smile, and Chrome... well you should see the grins.

Recording the guitars I did not want to lose any of his melodies on the synth, and I did not really want to "clone" (guitar) any of them either. As I kept adding guitar tracks I wished I could bring them up a smidge, so I did a remaster with the backing track melodies a little louder. This I think works a little better. I really would like your input on this... which way (version) do you prefer?

The guitars are a little less overpowering, but too much in the wrong direction and I lose the tightness and heaviness.

Harry... wow, thanks man. We are trying to figure out where to go from here. Adding vocals... adding rap, or both. Keeping instrumental, or not... or just turning the songs over to a hip-hop artist for development. (we are in Atlanta, and Chrome has some good contacts, just haven't "marketed" anything yet). We both would like to go "somewhere" with this.... just not sure where.

LOL lg... I do hear the "slasher" in it  ;)

Anyway, thanks again, and pls let me know which version you prefer.

Ray

Ferryman_1957

Can't decide..... I think #2, because I like that eerire synth line being a bit higher, but keep wavering. They both sound good to me!

Chrome Dragon is a good name for a band you know.....

Cheers,

Nigel