Running scared( roy orbison cover by kenny mac as suggested by 64 guitars)

Started by kenny mac, July 30, 2013, 04:47:26 AM

kenny mac

Running scared
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

Hi guys,
    The good thing about this fest is it gets you off your backside and start learning again.
I built this from scratch this morning after 64 guitars suggested I should do it (your ones next Geir ;D )
I learnt the keyboards after I stuck on one acoustic and one electric and took it from there.
The big O was my dads favourite singer so this ones for you dad .

Oldrottenhead

way to go kenny, wasn't sure if you would go for the high notes at the end, but fmgwabp you did, and did it well.

i always remember nick cave covering this and john peel playing it on his show, and then peely slagged cave for bottling the last note and dropping an octave. by the by the big o is one of my fave singers an inheritance from my dad and my uncles methinks.

a belter. gaun yersel.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

[error: gif image

Wow! This is fantastic. The vocal is awesome, especially the last three words ("away with me").
Excellent job, Kenny. I love it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

cuthbert

Bravo, Kenny - you really captured the Orbison vibe in your vocal and playing. Nailed it, in fact!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tangled Wires

Right up your street this one Kenny, especially after hearing you do "Crying" previously.

This is so tight and true to the original, its like you have channeled Orbison's vocal through you....and blimey, them notes you hit at the end!

Superb!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

fenderbender

Well KFC me
this is BRILLIANT -BRILLIANT
My hat off to you kenny
 8) 8) 8) 8)
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

DeificDave

The big O lives on, when it came on the jukebox I thought it was the man himself, outstanding vocal well done!
"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

kenny mac

Playing catch up here,glad you liked it mr 64,had a slot one morning and just went for it,anyway guys thanks for all the kind comments.
This is the third one for the fest and I have one origional collab in the studio with  DeificDave started and one to do for Geir as well as a couple of things to work on with old rottenheads songs so a busy time in my loft studio in between some manic work load stuff in the world of shipbuilding  so it may slow down a tad.
Cheers for your valuable input as always.

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Wow brother, what a faithful rendition! You really did channel Orbison in this one, brilliantly done!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely