SuggestFest - Only Shallow by My Bloody Valentine

Started by Tangled Wires, July 25, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

Tangled Wires

Tangled Wires - Only Shallow cover (Ver2)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
SuggestFest (banner image missing)

Uncle Henwrench made us do it :)

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

This really rocks!! :)

I remember the original well, and I'm loving the Tangled Wires version. Vocals and guitars are sublime as always. Great suggestion, too.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

Quote from: Tangled Wires on July 25, 2013, 03:18:29 PMUncle Henwrench made us do it :)
And he was right in doing so!

This is ACE!!!!!!

Great dynamic performance !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

ODH

;D ;D ;D ;D

OMG!  Kevin Shields is one of my all time heroes.  I love what you've done with the guitars here.  In fact the whole thing is brilliant.

I don't say this often but FMGWABP!  That's awsome.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

henwrench

Christ, I almost spat my Weetabix out with excitement when I saw this one posted up.

Absolutely, seriously awesome. Everything about this is so good. Drums are played and sound superb. Vocals were always gonna hit this one. And what about the guitar sounds? Are they good old MBR patches with yer Tele or have you got something else now?

It certainly sounded as though you guys were enjoying performing this tune, so I hope you all were! Maybe even keep it in your live rotation... ;)

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

braw tell yer maw, a great cover of one of my fave scottish bands.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Excellent! I love the guitar sounds. The drums sound great too. And, of course, the vocal is awesome. I don't know the original version (or anything by My Bloody Valentine) but it seems like this song was a perfect fit for Tangled Wires, so good suggestion henny.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tangled Wires

Cheers all, I wasn't that familiar with this band up until this suggestion, but am now a big fan of this song!

Quote from: henwrench on July 26, 2013, 02:30:49 AMAnd what about the guitar sounds? Are they good old MBR patches with yer Tele or have you got something else now?

All of the guitars were played through the BR with the exception of the chorus riff which was played once with the Tele through the BR and again going through a Garageband amp on the IPad.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Top notch guys,the guitars are superb and the playing is so tight ,and of course as always ,it is complimented so well with great vocals. Well done.